1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A couple of Q?. How to change fluid and ..

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by KREG, Nov 4, 2009.

1. KREG

KREG Junior Member
    from UTAH

Hi all...I'm a small buisness owner who plows his own lot to save $. I've never changed fluid in my old plow and don't really know how to do it. Also it takes a while after the truck is started befor it will raise the blade. Is this likely electrical or?? I was reading a simular thread where someone said it could be a cable adjustment?? I don't really see a cable to adjust. I will try to put up a picture of what I'm working on here. Thanks in advance[​IMG]

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

you unit is not cable control. the motor or pump may be weak, causing it to lift slow. could be the filter is plugged..
    use the search function on this site for changing the fluid.

3. KREG

KREG Junior Member
    from UTAH

Ummmm it has a filter? I'm about to throw a new battery in the truck. When I first start the truck, it won't pick the blade up off the ground. After it runs for a while then it will pick it up a few inches,after it runs a little longer, it will raise a few more. I don't know if that info helps at all. I guess I'll try to find the filter,and change the fluid. Thanks..

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

5. KREG

KREG Junior Member
    from UTAH