1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A couple of photos from 30" storm in VT.

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by dam, Mar 8, 2011.

1. dam

dam Junior Member
    from vermont

Here are a couple of photos from the storm on 3/7/11 in Vermont. 30" - 36" overnight.

2. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Another few more inches and you are at our normal annual snowfall.
  3. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

Wow, that's a lot of snow. I think I'm happy with my couple inches and drifts.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Do you need a shorter chain on that plow?
  5. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Lot of snow... the guy that normally does the driveway (about a mile long) fro my parents' house up there couldn't even get into the driveway (piles from the town plowing were 6' tall) with his F350/curtis plow... we had to get the farmer down the street to plow it with his 4020 JD tractor :D

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

that sure is a lot of snow
  7. sargex595

sargex595 Member

I'm curious to see where your located in Vermont? I'm in New Yorrk on the New York / Vermont border near Rutland County and we got between 14"-18". The roads were the worse I've seen in years. Just as I was getting done plowing last night, the 4 wheel drive stopped working on my 2005 GMC 2500 HD. I got a kick out of your picture of the dog. I had to shovel a path for my Golden Retreiver to get out as I had 3 foot drifts by all my doors. Nice pictures. It sure was one of the biggest storms we've seen in a very long time. Hope my truck doesn't cost me a fortune to fix.

8. advl66

advl66 Senior Member

my uncle had gotten 44 inches in holland vt
  9. muzicmon101

muzicmon101 Junior Member
    from Vermont

It's a local! haha I'm in southern Vermont in Bennington County.
  10. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

I messured 27 in the middle of the storm I think the total for us was about 32
  11. schoolboy

schoolboy Junior Member

We had 34 outside burlington
  12. Plow_Goddess

Plow_Goddess Junior Member

Looks like a good workout for the dog
  13. stargazer

stargazer Member

I'm glad we had a miss. The satellite showed snow right near me, sometimes on three sides of me. I hate deep heavy wet spring snow, at that depth, I'm hoping for your sakes it wasn't too wet.

Super hard on equipment.

We had one like that in Feb '09

Measured in middle of road close up, after two days of settling

Measured in road wide view

Studded tire chains, boron studs

Plowed road

14. stargazer

stargazer Member

Cutting snow deeper than the hood

15. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Is that a stop sign on the left?
  16. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

nice pictures, the snow will be a distant memory very soon
  17. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

yes that is a stop sign
    I didnt have time to take many pics trying to keep up with it
  18. stargazer

stargazer Member

That's a stop sign, and those are "Magnum PI" gates if you ever saw that show. Electronic gates that I've finally convinced them to leave open during the winter. Try shoveling those gates out, they go down almost to the road bed, and are tall, and swing real wide. Hate them. I had time to photo because these were taken two days after the storm, still doing catch up but almost done.

Murder on the equipment, I fear and dread those storms.

Did you see my video from this year, of plowing 3 ft. at night? Drifting snow 4 ft plus deep. Had to hold camera with one hand.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  19. dam

dam Junior Member
    from vermont

Great Photos Stargazer! I like the chains, where can I get a set? Mine are getting rough and I had to repair them 3 times in the last storm.
  20. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I remember that storm. I had my old 1989 Chevy 2500 3/4 ton with an 8' Fisher at the time. Between me an my uncle I couldn't coun't how many times we got stuck. I should have chained up. But, I didn't and I paid the price. Getting stuck sucks.