1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A Change of the Season

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Alaska Boss, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

Well, if things go like they did last year, I have 15 more days left until I start plowing again,... and even tho it doesn't look like it right now, I know how fast the seasons can change around here. We are past the peak colors now, as many of the trees around here are already bare,... and I've snapped a few pictures in the last week or two of what it looks like around here as we turned the page into September,... starting with my house & driveway,.. :cool:

Fall Time (Custom) (2).JPG

PICT0001 (Small).JPG

PICT0047 (Small).JPG

2. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

and some random shots up & down the highway where I live,... :waving:

PICT0005 (Small).JPG

PICT0006 (Small).JPG

PICT0009 (Small).JPG

3. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

More views,.. the Trans-Alaska Pipeline is the white-ish line in the first photo,... as it snakes thru the valley across from my place,..

PICT0007 (Small).JPG

PICT0008 (Small).JPG

PICT0010 (Small).JPG

4. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Wow, what a nice area it looks like there.

5. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Random shots driving down the road,...

PICT0012 (Small).JPG

PICT0017 (Small).JPG

PICT0013 (Small).JPG

6. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

There's a little more red color in the higher country,... as much of the smaller brush turns various hues of scarlet,..

PICT0384.jpg

PICT0385 (Small).JPG

PICT0387 (Small).JPG

7. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

PICT0016 (Small).JPG

PICT0014 (Small).JPG

PICT0022 (Small).JPG

8. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

More of how it looks while driving last week....

PICT0018 (Small).JPG

PICT0019 (Small).JPG

PICT0021 (Small).JPG

9. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

and a few more,....

PICT0023 (Small).JPG

PICT0040 (Small).JPG

PICT0025 (Small).JPG

10. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Good to have you back AB- always enjoy your threads. You could make a killing in the post card biz...

11. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

There hasn't been any fresh snow in the smaller mountains around my house lately, but the fresh snow on the bigger mountains just north of me is getting fairly heavy now,... and it will just keep coming down the mountains in the next few weeks,...

PICT0030 (Small).JPG

PICT0031 (Small).JPG

PICT0029 (Small).JPG

12. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

It's been freezing almost every night now,... and even tho these days are just beautiful,... and if the weather patterns are somewhat normal this year,.. in less than a month, I'm gonna have to start making big white piles again,... and I'm gettin' pumped! :redbouncewesport:salute::waving:

PICT0028 (Small).JPG

PICT0026 (Small).JPG

PICT0027 (Small).JPG

13. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Beautiful pics as always. Love the house, too. I hope to someday build my dream home, but am still trying to decide if it will be a log home or a timberframe. Maybe a log home with a large post and beam garage???

14. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Thanks,... fall is the shortest season we have here,... the peak colors sometimes only last for a couples days, before the wind changes it all,.. the next big wind we get is going to knock 90% of the rest of the leaves off,... then it can just turn into winter overnight,... :waving:

PICT0034 (Small).JPG

15. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

WOW! Truly beautiful pics :) The mountain tops are cool white :cool: Might be a dumb question, but are they ever bare during the hot summer months? And what goes thru the pipeline? natural gas I assume.

Lookin good AB.

16. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

Awesome pics! Loved looking at last years posts. Whats the average high there around this time?

17. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

The very tops on the mountains here that are more than 10,000' never thaw down to bare ground. Those biggest ones in the pics are between 14,000 & 16,000 feet,... and there's ice fields up there 100's of feet thick that cover many square miles. The pipline delivers crude oil, not natural gas. Even tho production is now way down, approximately 15-18% of all the crude produced in the US, goes thru that 48" pipe behind my house.

Well, it stills gets close to 60° or so in the mid afternoons on these clear sunny days in mid-Sept, altho 40°-50° is more normal, but then drops into the 20's to high teens at night. The ground usually won't start staying froze until about mid-October.

18. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Wow you live in a beautiful place, I love yours pictures!

19. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Awesome pics!

I am going to go back and look at some from last winter now.............

20. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

wow, those pics make me want to visit my cousin up in Fairbanks so bad. But it's to long of a flight.