1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A cartoon that says it all...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Feb 16, 2007.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

This was in todays paper.

snow cartoon (Small).jpg

2. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

that is so true!!!!

3. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

i just seen that a littel while ago.

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

what you guys didn't get much?

5. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Good one. Pretty much sums it all up. They will tell you anything for a buck.

6. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

From what I was told, they measure accumulation with a ruler on a flat, level surface (ie: picnic table for example) and once the measurement is taken it is swept clean. The process repeats. The bad part is that snow compacts under its own weight, so the totalled accumulation is always more than actually shows on the ground...

7. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

I got about 15-18 at my house, pretty much right on the money with the forecast.

Shoveling drifts on my walkway and deck this morning well over my waist deep.

One hell of a wake up to winter considering that we've gotten a total of maybe 4" for the whole season prior to this storm.