1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A/C Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Brad M., Mar 29, 2005.

1. Brad M.

Brad M. Member
    from Texas

Hello folks, been awhile since I dropped in. Here in Texas we have been getting some pretty warm temps requiring a/c at times. What should the a/c temp be coming out of the vents? We used the a/c last weekend and it did not seem to cool like it did last time it was used. This is a 03 2500HD. Still got warranty on the truck so I guess I will take it to the dealer. Appreciate any thoughts on the subject.

2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Take it to the dealer, quite a few of the new trucks have crappy ac

check out the dieselplace.com there is quite a bit of disccusion about it....

3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Ratlover
    I have heard that also but my 2001 Chevy 3/4 HD will run you out of the cab in the summer if I have the AC on high. I guess I'm one of the lucky one's.

Regard's Mike

4. ratlover

from IL

Mine is the same way, icy cool :cool:

I just hear lotsa guys complaining. I believe there are some TSB's on it

5. Brad M.

Brad M. Member
    from Texas

I went there and looked under GM Gassers and GM2500 anf 3500 trucks. Found very little info and none pertaining to my question. Do you remember where you read about it at? Of course it also could have been right there in front of me andd I never saw it. :rolleyes: :D

6. ratlover

from IL

7. Similar Problem '04 2500 HD

My '04 2500HD had the same problem. Didn't cool from brand new. Dealer told me because it was a crew cab and black it wouldn't cool very well. Give me a break!! I've had GMC's for years and you could hang meat in the cab when it works right. I noticed a refrigerant oil leak after the compressor was making noise, which it did since day one. I drove it until the compressor blew up, called the dealer and they fixed it right. A/C is as cold as ice now.

8. Dave1250

Dave1250 Member

Temp

If your vents are blowing low 40 to 45 leave it alone not bad for R134A now if R12 high 30ths

9. Brad M.

Brad M. Member
    from Texas

Air coming directly out of the vents is 51 degrees. Truck is at the dealer now so we'll see what they come up with.

10. Brad M.

Brad M. Member
    from Texas

Well they had the truck for almost 3 hours and they say every thing is to spec. Truck is now cooling to 42 degrees but they claim they did nothing to the truck. Drove the truck over a hundred miles last Friday in pretty warm weather with 51 being the coolest it would get. I think they did something and just ain't saying, oh well atleast its cooling now.

11. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Brad
    Did you change the settings on where the air is cooled from. By that I mean you can choose to cool the cab air or cool the outside air. If it is really hot outside you want to have the switch in the recirculating mode to cool the cab air. Look in the owners manual and it will explain it better than I can.

Good Luck Mike

12. Well, I thought it was fixed!

As stated in previous post, my compressor was replaced in March. It's 85 degrees here today and it doesn't cool worth crap. The Compressor clutch is cycling on/off/on/off every 10 seconds. That used to mean low refrigerant didn't it? I checked those threads recommended above but they appear to relate to Duramax diesel trucks not the 6.0 gas. Any suggestions before I go back to the dealer?? Thanks guys!

13. I hate to bring this up again!

My truck is back at the dealership again for poor cooling A/C. As stated in the previous posts in April, I can't find info on the 6.0 engine A/C systems from the above links. Anybody got any ideas??

14. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

if the clutch is going on off on off than it is cycling on the low pressure control and low on gas

15. drifter79

drifter79 Member
    from pacific

Was going thru the post because I am having a.c. problems. I am going to dealers tommorw was wondering if you ever got yours figuerd out mine cycles off and on every 5 seconds I put gage on low side it is not low on gas. It is a 2500 dodge diesel 01 I am going to check the other sites also if they figure it out I will post it. P.S. in morning when temp is 65 or lower it will blow about 50 but when temp gets above 80 it blows 80. :angry:

16. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

DITTO that....

I dont even use it when im working because it'll make me too lazy... but once i drop the trailer off at the end of the day, you better belive that ac is on full blast!!! :)

17. mdd

mdd Member

i thought the same thing when i got in my 05 :(