1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

a.c compressor?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by chriscat423, Feb 15, 2010.

1. chriscat423

chriscat423 Member

when people put on the heat does ur a.c compressor make a drawing sound prob. every 10 sec...When i added my nerf bars tool box new cat and throttle body spacer i told my buddy to listen for it and of corse it never happened then next storm of course it made it stopped by his shop and he said dode always do it to help heat up faster...never heard that has anyone else? He said dont worry about it either since i dont need ac now anyway if it still does it in the summer we can figure it out...my buddy with a f150 heard it and said it sounded like a freon leak thats y it keeps kicking on....is this normal or is something going on?

2. Dirty Jersey

Dirty Jersey Senior Member

Defrost uses your AC compressor.

3. chriscat423

chriscat423 Member

ya but even when i put on floor or floor and vents it still does it thats what has me confussed

4. Dirty Jersey

Dirty Jersey Senior Member

Hello, Is your truck diesel or gas? In the diesel when you start the truck the ac comp runs to remove in cab moisture. The grid heaters and ac comp cycle at the same time. If you don't want it to run there is a green wire on the receiver on the left side of engine bay in the back. You can unplug it. It's the low pressure control. I would just leave it. Because the ac compressor free wheels until its called to run.

Hope that helps.

John

5. chriscat423

chriscat423 Member

its gas but i guess everything is all good with it and my buddy with the ford doesnt know what he is talking about ( why he bought a ford ) lol thanks guys