1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A Bobcat t250 or an F350

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Omran, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

Hey guys, hope everyone is doing great.
    I have a ?? for you all, I am pushing snow for a kroger parking lot for the third year now, and I always do the cleaning with my Bobcat, I am getting real cold evry time, because I don't have heat or cap on my machine, I have a very nice and heavy truck F350 diesel dully with flat bed on it, do you think if I put a blade on my truck, I will be able to do the same lot with this truck with out having headache. the only problem I will face is ,I have to pile the snow in big piles, and I am not sure if the truck with out my t250 bobcat will do it.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  2. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Sorry, but I think you already know the awnser to that question.

3. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

What if you put a cab and heater on your skid steer? I'm sure it would cost less than a new plow for your truck.

Or you could put a plow on the truck, you can use that and then get someone else to use the skid steer on another lot. Make more payup.
  4. niederhauser la

niederhauser la Member
    from Utah

Put a plow on! I would hate to sit in a skid steer for 10 hours with or without heat not to mention you will finish A LOT faster!
  5. TremblaySNOW

TremblaySNOW Senior Member

curtis makes cabs for skidsteers
  6. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Definitely go with a cab + heat on the skid.
  7. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

All depends on what the lots like. Some cases a truck or a skid would be faster You need to make that call. I think you can get a glass enclosure w/ heater for around $2000.00 Which is alot cheaper than a plow for a truck, plus alot less maintenance.
  8. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

I agree, you already have the truck, invest in a plow for it and take on more work. Then get a cab for the skid.
  9. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Sounds like you may be better off putting money into the skid getting it setup real nice, and keep the truck for moving it around and getting coffee :D
  10. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Put a plow on the truck and use the skid for stacking. Makes you more mobil, and WARMER!!

11. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I dont do commercial but if it was me, I would put a plow on the truck and keep the bobcat around to stack snow etc. If you can find someone to run it, you can put the bobcat on another lot or two and then stack after you have the lot clear.
  12. Landscapes8988

Landscapes8988 Senior Member

plow on truck!!!!!!...dont know your situation but i tried the skid steer with pusher and i do have heat and a cab...and it wasn't even close comparison between the two. trucks way faster.....but again i cant see your lot so i dont know how many turns and obstacles you have. i would also like to mention that we plow snow to plow snow and its a huge time issue and i have every possible spare part you can think of in my shop for the trucks because its shift and hammer it! Actually not much stuff breaks....its the guys that baby there trucks that i always see broke downe Ford SUPERDUTY ...enough said!
  13. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

thank you guys very much, I think this fourm is awesome.