1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A benifit to the recent weather...

Discussion in 'Weather' started by starc, Dec 16, 2006.

1. starc

starc Senior Member

Just heard a report that snowmobile related deaths are down 60%
  2. pipdipchip

pipdipchip Junior Member

Yes, but take that with a grain of salt. Because of the warm weather, people falling into the ice is way up.
  3. starc

starc Senior Member

I personally was never one to trust ice, think about it, its just thicker water...
  4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I think snowmobile injuries up here are down 100%. And you can't fall through something that isn't there.
  5. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

The benefit to the warm weather is that my furnace does not go on at all.
  6. rgrimes945

rgrimes945 Senior Member

Wood Boiler

I have a woodboiler so I don't mind the cold..
  7. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

8. wagonman76

wagonman76 Senior Member

Reminds me of a few years ago in a neighboring town. It was in the paper. It was mid-summer and this guy got drunk and in the middle of the night decided to take his snowmobile out. Crashed into a cement wall and died.
  9. starc

starc Senior Member

Buddy of mine from high school days was killed on a snowmobile. We had a bunch of snow, enough to get to a bar alongside the highway. These guys parked there snowmobiles in front of the bar and had been inside drinking for a while, eventually a cop pulled in and was looking at the sleds sitting out front. He then proceeded into the bar, which made buddy nervous. He ran outside and jumped on the sled fired it up and raced up the road not realizing he was headed the wrong way on the off ramp to the highway. When he made it to the highway he was hit head on to a tractor trailer....wasn't much left.:(
  10. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Glad I sold mine this summer. I was laughing all the way to the bank. :drinkup:
  11. starc

starc Senior Member

We have 3 Yamaha's that were bought new in 1981, used them in Northern Canada for a couple of years...been sitting in the barn ever since. Still like new.
  12. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Yeah, but beer store sales are way down too..............Those dumbass snowmobilers like to drink and drive.....
  13. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Yeah, not a funny subject around here....2 kids died last week in this area.

14. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Just lost 2 out here that triggered an avalanche.
  15. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

I was watching the news last night and a kid tried to hydroplane accross a lake that was not even frozen. i guess that he made it 3/4's of the way across, and then sank. Fire and rescue guys had to pull him out. i thought it was pretty funny seeing how 1) there is not a trace of snow on the ground, 2) it has been in the 50's here for the past week and there is not ice on the lake.