1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A bad day plowing

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by nevrnf, Mar 6, 2007.

1. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Buddy of mine hit a pole trying to avoid car that lost controll. Looks like the truck may be totaled. Worst part is the guy who caused this took off after he saw my guy get out of his truck.

DSCI0074.jpg

DSCI0075.jpg

DSCI0078.jpg

DSCI0079.jpg

2. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

that really sux. What a wake up call, my truck is a 250 that looks identical to that but withouht the dual rear wheels.

Honestly, it doesnt look that bad where it would get totaled. I would hope they fix it.

3. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Sorry to hear and see the news. I ended up in a ditch due to a stupid semi about 2 hrs before a storm was coming. Bent the plow frame and front end of the truck. New bumper and plow was installed with frame staightening 2 weeks after. That truck missed out of 2 major storms by us. It sucks to see your equipment get smashed up.

4. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

That sucks! glad everyone is ok! Looks like the truck can be fixed..Keep us updated on what happens..

5. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Well it is totaled but they are fixing it. The totla bill is about $24k they valued the truck at $30k The vehicle repair bill came to 19k. they are replacing both axles and all 4 spings along with the sheetmetal. The plow was damaged along with the plow frame so that added another 5k to the total bill.

DSCI0080.jpg

DSCI0081.jpg

DSCI0087.jpg

6. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I say your buddy lucked out getting 5K for that plow. Other than the fact his insurance is going up the truck will end up better than before it got messed up.

Glad he's OK. Maybe next time someone comes in his lane and he has the plow on he just might break and hope the idiot has air bags!

7. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

i think i would have just hit the car, its such a hassle when your work vehicle goes down, at least he will get a new plow.

8. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

yes a new plow, But he looses the rest of the season and has to find something to drive for the next 8 weeks while they do the repairs