1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

a backup light on a snowblower?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sbvfd592, Jan 21, 2002.

1. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

hey i have an old peia backup light still works i have a white 8 HP blower can i put that light on it b/c i have to go out at night sometimes and any suggestions on how to do it ??
  2. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

does the blower have electric start and a battery if so I would direct wire it to the battery with a on/off switch for the light.
  3. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Be sure to install an inline fuse also.

4. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

One thing you could do is get a tractor/atv/motorcycle size battery and mount it somehow to the blower. Wire the light to it I dont believe that the light would draw so much that it would drain the battery. Just make sure to keep it charged and it should work fine.
  5. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

I have a 8hp Toro. It has a wire with a strange harness on it for the dealer to supply an over-priced light and just plug it in. I'm going to cut the end off the connector and solder a wire from a 12 volt light to it. I'll put a in-line fuse but might not bother with a switch. The light will be on all the time when the motor is running but thats fine.

6. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

thanks for the help

thans for all the help with the light i got it to work now after the 4th try and almost buring down the house lol thanks for all the help