1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A 6.5L Turbo Diesel with older fisher plow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 6.5LTDFisher, Dec 14, 2007.

1. 6.5LTDFisher

6.5LTDFisher Member

So a very close friend of mine gave me a older fisher plow. I ordered a crank pulley for the hydraulic pump. So I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of how they have the Hydraulic pump set up with the spool to control the lift and angle of the plow. Anyone understand what I'm saying? Thanks! Nick

My Truck is a 1996 GMC Sierra K2500 Regular Cab Long bed 6.5L Turbo Diesel motor

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  2. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Hey sorry to hijack your post but I dont know how to just message you. How do you like that truck? How are the engines? I have a chance to buy a 96 3500 for 7000 with a plow. The truck only has 80,000 miles on it. Just wondering how you like yours.

Bump to Top

3. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Senior Member

Click on the Fisher link at the top of the page. They have manuals and instructions on mounts and setup. Just takes a little while to find your application.

4. 6.5LTDFisher

6.5LTDFisher Member

I love my truck, dont get me wrong it doesnt have butt loads or power like the duramax, but my 6.5 suits my needs! Starts strong in cold weather even not pluged in, cant wait to plow with it!

5. Homer_MrPlowman

Homer_MrPlowman Junior Member

We have four 6.5 Turbo Diesel trucks, do a little work to them and they have enough power. Do a little more and they will stick with a stock Duramax. (do a little to the duramax and wow).
    We pull a 10,000 lb. trailer and a 8,000 lb trailer with ours and have no complaints.
    Sorry to jump into the post but had to comment... also if you need any help with your truck or have questions there are a few awesome 6.5 sites.