1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A $250 Fisher spreader huh?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by TroyG, Feb 3, 2009.

1. TroyG

TroyG Junior Member
    from Lorton

Well 2 months ago I rescued this from the scrap yard. It already looked bad till I media blasted it, WOAH!!! (cab controls included)

$720 in parts, a free 6x4 sheett of 10 gauge and angle, my little 110 mig, my brother's Snap On mig, his plasma cutter and 9 Sawzall blades.

Engine ran but swapped it out for one I had sitting in my garage. So the first 4 weekends were spent just cutting and welding, shoring up and strengthening. Then the question came I had to ask myself. Will this cancerous pan hold up? No...

Off to my brothers and the HD equipment. Fabbed up a new pan, welded it in and felt 100% better. All told at least 150-200 pounds of new metal installed.

So first snow last week and as other crews fell to the wayside I was asked to pick up the slack. So a day later I tally my chits and this pig pulled in a nice house payment. Way too many hours invested to really say I made money yet but for only 1 snow it ROCKED! I noticed I pay waaaaaaay more attention to maintenance of this thing afterward. Wonder why?

1209081149.jpg

1209081149b.jpg

1218081153.jpg

1221081537.jpg

1225081242.jpg

2. TroyG

TroyG Junior Member
    from Lorton

more pictures

1226081258.jpg

1228081415.jpg

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

looks good.....thorw a paint job on there and its brand new

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Someone doesn't know how to take care of there equipment. WOW! wash the thing out after every use. Good thing you rescued it and it has a good home now.

5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Dam that was bad!

6. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

wow like said above give it a paint job and she'll be good as new

7. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like some good repair work.

8. TroyG

TroyG Junior Member
    from Lorton

:nod: you mean like this???

1213081117.jpg

9. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice fix! Be sure to post pics after paint!

10. Jaspell

Jaspell Member
    from 06117

Just curious. How much do those spreader rigs weigh? How do you load them in your truck?

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

A lot of guys on here have skid steers or tractors or loaders they can load them with. If it were me, and I didn't have any of that fancy equipment I would get a chain host and hang it from my shop and pick it up and set it in the back of my truck that way. Not really sure on the weight. Maybe 1000 pounds or so?.

12. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Wow, nice find there!

13. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Looks GREAT!

14. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

You talk like it's a cute little puppy that he rescued. LOL Can you say that "C" word around here? :D

The hopper looks shot. Nice resurrection. Get that paint on it and you'll feel even better. :)

15. TroyG

TroyG Junior Member
    from Lorton

"LOOKED" shot. its all new now. :)

16. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Yeah, from the first few it looks shot. Like I said, nice resurrection. :D Get the paint on it and snap some more pics. ;)

17. TroyG

TroyG Junior Member
    from Lorton

probably a 1100 or so. a T300 bobcat's what i use. didnt have time to fab a new engine stand so welded in some scrap for the season. in the spring ill do it right, repaint it, mig the drilled holes full then repaint it and put stickers back on. then go show the previous owner what it looks like now!! xysport

18. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

how was the shoot on it ???

As far as taking it on and off, i made two saw horses that are the exact height of the bed, i slide it back just enough to get one horse under it , than i pull up real slow until there is just about a foot of the sander left on the bed, throw the other horse under it and drive away. As far as putting it back on, i back the truck up, get the first foot of the sander on the bed, pull out the first horse back up all the way to the next horse, pull the horse out, and then i use a ratchet strap to pull it in the rest of the way, but make sure the strap is on it before you pull the last horse out because the sander might tip back which might lead to crushing the shoot. i am able to load / un load it my self. i tried several other ways, but this was the easiest way by far, if you don't have a place ware you can use a hoist or have a machine, this is the way to go by far.

19. hansons glc

hansons glc Member
    from mn

wow nice find. i would paint it to match the truck not yellow but that is me.
    i wish i could find some thing like that to fix. i haven't had snow for 3weeks. and every thing even the mowers are fixed up.

20. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Do you allways let that spreader sit on the tailgate? It looks like it will snap it in half.