1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A 2 WD pulling an enclosed sled trailer - pic

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by scott3430, Feb 12, 2013.

1. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

This past sunday we got about 8" of wet heavy snow after it turned cold enough to start snowing. The first bit of moisture was rain/sleet.....which made for slippery conditions!

I was plowing one of my commercial gas station lots when I say this guy spinning on flat ground trying to get to the highway. :dizzy:

Just when I was going to ask him if he needed a tow to get moving - he backed up and got a run at it and made it to the road.

Would you guys pull a loaded sled trailer with this 2WD truck! :laughing:

[​IMG]

2. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Nope I dont drive 2wds period Unless its an heavy 1 ton with a dump body or flat bed that can be loaded for traction.

3. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like there's plenty of tongue weight on those rear tires, and possibly not much weight on those cantilevered-up front tires. 4WD would have helped in that snow, sure, but the bigger issue here is probably the overloading.

Should have taken the sleds out of the trailer and towed the truck. :jester:

4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Sure but not in those conditions!

5. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

instead of some sleds and a nice trailer he should of got a bigger truck. That almost as good as the clown that you would see at the boat launch ramp with a $1500 truck pulling a $40,000 dollar boat! LOL! I live by a small lake and see it several times a week during the summer.

6. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

wait, they make 2wd trucks? lol

7. gafred

gafred Member
    from Boone

That 2wd'er should be more worried when it's time to stop then going,,,,

8. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

I guess I can see him using it if the roads are all plowed, salted, melted off, and dry, but right during the rain/snow storm??? :confused:

9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

That sucks........

10. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

It shouldn't be an issue. Those trailers don't weigh anything and two sleds only weigh about 1k. Unless they are Yamahas :mechanic:

11. Vermontster

Vermontster Member

Don't forget, it wasn't that long ago that there were very few four wheel drive vehicles on the road. Yes, you had to put weight in the back and have actual driving skills.

12. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

Yes Vermonter is correct when I was growing we used big old station wagons to haul trailers,

But as he says you needed to know how to drive, when I ran my pick up I was always in 2 wd and 4x was to get farther off the beaten trail,

It's all common sense

13. R75419

R75419 Senior Member

I have had all 4wd trucks and from time to time all it has done is got me stuck worse.....

14. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

I don't know why you would own a 2wd truck and snowmobiles. I go to the U.P. a few times a year to ride and some of the roads up there haven't been plowed in days, if at all in winter.

15. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

did it all the time in the 70's...however we used real snow tires back then in winter

16. Brocky

Brocky Junior Member

It is all in your right toe!! Tape a rotten egg to the bottom of your right foot, and then DO NOT break the egg.. Easy on and off the throttle and brake and you can go a lot of places with 2WD.
    Brocky