1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A 1st for me

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Scott's, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

I plow a KFC and I yesterday the mang. came out bi@##$5 at my driver he was polite and told her to call me personal wich she didnt so I went in to talk with her, it was a boarder line snowfall at 2 in alot of blowing and drifting but anyways when I went in to meet her in person she was about 80years old and mean as hell, she started complaining about my driver not plowing it out by 10:30am and the time I was talking to her was 10:40am and my driver was 5 min from finishing, then she went into saying that there wasnt even 2 inch of snow to plow oh boy here we go (one of those people) I bit my lip and kept it perfessional and explained how snow fall like this works, BUT then after that she askes me what is that thing on the back of my drivers truck(it was a back drag blade) I told her what it was and she went into a rant on how that blade makes her lot icey. I sat there for a few sec and couldnt help myself from loling alittle. The last storm we had was a bad icestorm mixed with 2 inch of snow and slush. thats where her ice came from and when I explained that she told me I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR 9 YEARS AND NEVER HAD A ICY LOT. I turned around and walked out shaking my head. There was no way to win with this lady . Oh ya she did tell me not to use that back drag blade on her lot again lmmfao.

Ok Im done with my rant hope you all enjoy.

warning back drag blades cause icing
  2. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

is she the one paying the bill for the store or is it corperate? contact your contact at the company and tell the situation and let them know that its your discretion (if it is) on the two inches and the equipment used on the lots.
  3. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

Yeah tell her to pound sand if she is not in charge of paying etc.
  4. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I would've told her to sit on a drumstick. No "manager" is going to dictate the use of my production equipment - much less one that has no clue what they are talking about. Also, in all fairness, we DID have rather adverse conditions this snowfall. First, all the salt residue was completely rinsed off with all the rain we had. second, the way this snow came down, it bonded tight and formed ice underneath...topped with the hard cold that didn't allow salt to work quickly. All our lots were more or less glazed, too. want a good indicator? Our county plow trucks were out all morning. Our roads were STILL all icy in the afternoon. I always thought about using that as a comparison if anyone ever said anything like that. Fortunately, it has never come up, but i will always know that in real cold conditions.
  5. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

They most likely talked to burger king and was worried about you taking out the drive thru sign:)
  6. speedy

speedy Senior Member

Tell her their chicken gives you gas, and not to use the 9th herb or spice anymore. WTF?
  7. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

8. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

Well if she wants to complain about ice on her lot you can always just salt the hell out of it after her next b*tch fest and give her a nice big bill in person delivered with a smile payup
  9. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

OMG who works at the same KFC location for 9 years! After 9 years at a KFC you should be the CEO!
  10. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

A person who has no ambition and is complacent with there work. They move up but not from there own free will. Usally there is no one else to promote.( I was a plant supervisor of a large machine shop.)
  11. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

now that was funny lol.
  12. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Tell her, you can take care of the ice issue but it will cost you. Then after each plowing turn on the outside fawcet and let the lot ice over and then you can put salt down lol Sounds to me that she is just watching her bottom line as in her bonus that she gets from running the store. Call your contact and let them know what happened.
  13. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

she is still working there cause she get reduced price on all the chicken she can eat and that is her will to work cheap food
  14. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

If you were there @ 10:40 AM and your driver was still plowing the lot, then was she not correct about not having it done BY 10:30 AM?
  15. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

nope! not even close