1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9ft X-Blade Problem??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by vis, Mar 18, 2007.

1. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

For the second storm in a row, my brand new xblade begins to studder when angling to the right, it works fine going to the left, up and down....

Last snow storm it got airbound, and the pump was making noises indicating this, and the fluid looked agitated, with small air bubbles inside of it. The hydraulics were also moving very slowly, with little power. I brought it to dealer and they flushed the system, opened up the pump and cleaned everything out, and it worked fine.

Toward the end of this storm i began to notice the plow studdering to the right. any idea on why this might happen before i take it back to them? Air bound again? Bad Controller?? Pump problem?

This blade has been used for 2 large storms and 3 storms of less than one inch..

Any help is appreciated :confused: :confused:

2. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

My 9' X does the same thing to the left. Dealer said it has something to do with the hand held controller has some feedback in it. I just ignore it now and go with it.

3. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

i took it to the dealer today, he said something could be loose inside the pump, gotta bring it to them tomorrow so they can pull it apart and see whats up.

4. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

of course i brought it back this morning, and everything seems to be working fine...but yesterday it was studdering like hell.

i think there is something wrong in the pump or control, we will find out...next season lol :cry: :cry:

5. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

What control do you have, Hand held Fishstick or Joystick?
    The joystick has a tendency to stop hard or stutter when angled, the valves are closing at the same time the motor is stopping. The Fishstick allows the valves to stay open a moment after the motor stops, this allows the hyd pressure to be relieved so the blade will come to a smooth stop when being angled. If you have a hard stop and are using the Fishstick you might have a valve sticking this is usually caused by a contaminate in the system.

6. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

I have the joy stick on my xblade

I know what you mean because my 250 has a fish stick and the plow is so smooth you can barley tell when it stops, the xblade on my 550 shakes the whole truck when it comes to a stop, although you cant tell when pushing snow because the snow absorbs the shock.

They are replacing a few springs and other parts inside the pump to see if that resolves the problem.

7. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

Do yourself a favor and try a fishstick control on the plow before you do anything else. I'm sure that will cure your complaint. These new plows are also using low friction cylinders that move a whole lot quicker than the older pistons with packings, this also adds to situation.

8. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

i tried the fish stick in my other truck, i cant stand it.

i need something mounted, i am on the phone too much to have to hold it, shift, and hold the phone at the same time.

i like the joy stick, i think something inside the pump is de problem

9. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

All I am saving is to try the fishstick control and I am sure the plow will act in a different manor, because like I tried to explain they switch diferently then the joy stick control does. As for talking on the phone while driving I can't help you, but I find a blue tooth hands free set works well to free up your hands.

10. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

So does mine and I have the Fishstik.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007