1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9ft fisher on dodge 3500 diesel, to Big?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bigfoot1, Dec 6, 2006.

1. bigfoot1

bigfoot1 Member

I just bought a used 9ft fisher minute mount for my dodge 3500 dually pickup and just found out it may be to heavy for my truck does any buddy have any input?? I think it is MC version It Is a beast of a plow! Thanks for you time:confused: :confused:

2. Rickco

Rickco Member

No way is it to big. Your truck will carry it and push it fine. Just remember not to drive down the street with it straight! local law enforcement frowns upon such things.

3. bigfoot1

bigfoot1 Member

Thanks I was just curious some one told the mc Weighed #1700.00 I also have 2 inch leveling pucks so that should help

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

To determine whether it's the HD or MC model, measure the height of the moldboard. HD is 29", the MC is 34". The HD model is 745#. The MC model is 1350#. If it's the MC, I'd be worried about it, too. I carried an HD 9' on a Chevy 3500 with a 6.5 diesels for four winters with no issues, but I don't think I'd have wanted to try the MC.

5. bigfoot1

bigfoot1 Member

I messured and its 29.5 inch But the frame is made of 4 inch I beam Maybe Im just use2 the westerns I have.This plow is an OX!! :yow!: I need the push plate, truck side wiring 2 plugs on with 2 prongs one with 9, and a controller if any one any for sale

6. Mick

from Maine

You've got the HD at 745#. That's what I had and, yes, it was a monster. But the 3500 handled it fine. The only trouble I had was that if I angled it during transport, the "low" side was so near the road, it'd throw sparks when I hit a bump. On secondary roads, if I was carrying it straight, it took up a lot of the road and made for some exciting times when I didn't get it angled in time when meeting a car.:eek:

7. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I am not sure how other people are answering your questions with out all the info. What year Dodge 3500? Regular cab, Club Cab, Quad cab or Mega cab? Diesel or gasser? So yes it maybe to heavy. So please either fill in your sig or answer in post. I am on my 2nd Dodge 3500 with Diesel engines and could possibly tell you what they recomend for each one

8. Mick

from Maine

From the title: 9ft fisher on dodge 3500 diesel, to Big?

A 9' Fisher HD is recommended by Fisher for that vehicle in the Quad Cab configuration. Also 900 pounds of ballast.

9. BigDave12768

Not sure where you got that info. But I just went onto Fisher site and used ematch. They block out the diesel. So they do not recomend a plow on that. So it depends on body and year. And the Dodge Quad cab Dually only comes with an 8ft bed!!! You put in 61/2 to get past the diesel problem. The Megacabs come with a 6 1/2 ft bed but they do not want any plow on the Diesel MC. Trust me all of this was a huge part of my truck buying decsions less than 6 months ago. They only allow a 9ft on a 3500 quad SB witht he diesel. The Hemi is not an issue. So once again. I do not understand how anyone can answer the questions with out all the info

Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
  10. Mick

from Maine

I did this four times using the ematch and it came up the same. Unless the 5.9L D does not stand for 5.9 Cummins Diesel.

2000, DODGE, RAM 3500.

The vehicle has a 4x4 drive train, Quad Cab body style, with dual rear wheels, 8.0 Box, 5.9L D engine type, 5200 minimum FGAWR, 7500 minimum RGAWR, 10500 minimum GVWR, and HB5/HB1 headlamp type.

Then it shows 8.5' HD or 9' HD.

11. bigfoot1

bigfoot1 Member

The Truck is a1998 dodge 3500 club cab,8ft bed,4x4, dually with the 5.9 cummuns turbo diesel, Auto trans, Thanks for all the input every one

12. bigfoot1

bigfoot1 Member

I also had a problem with the emach Why would there be a difference between a long bed and a short bed>

13. bigfoot1

bigfoot1 Member

I also had a problem with the ematch Why would there be a difference between a long bed and a short bed> I could not get the diesl engin to come up

14. korelandscaping

korelandscaping Member
    from CT

I had a 9ft HD (not MC) on a 2000, 3500, 5.9, extended wheel base w/ dump body and it handled it good. If it's a MC you can forget that idea, even with the 9 HD I was beating up the front end a bit...Pushing snow however was no problem at all.

15. BigDave12768

But you are ASSUMING what truck he has!!! The 3rd gen quad is bigger than the 2nd gen club/quad cab. So please refer to my past posts. You need to know what year

16. Mick

from Maine

Yes, I did some assuming. As I usually do in a case like that, I posted my assumptions. I used 2000 as a representation and showed that. Then it was up to him to decide if that applied to his specific vehicle. If you read my posts, I related it to my experiences with the same plow and a somewhat similar vehicles (mine was a regular cab, though). I paid attn to detail in that I saw it was diesel from his original post. The main factor to consider was whether the plow was an HD or MC which I gave advice on how to determine.

You, on the other hand, began by attacking my credibility and methods. You really gave no advice or useful information. You jumped to conclusion without gathering all the facts available, then try to justify yourself by attacking someone for making assumptions.

17. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

I think the 9 footer will be fine. Lots of people run larger than specified, and have few problems. It all depends on how you treat the equipment. If you plow, it will break, eventually. That is fact. As far as the other posts here, i will defend Mick by saying that i also looked up the specifications he listed, and got the same results. Mick usually know what he is talking about, and has the information to back it up. He is an asset to this forum, with lots of knowledge.

18. bigfoot1

bigfoot1 Member

Thank you to all That gave info!! And Im sorry I did not give All my truck info off the bat. I am new to Plowing and new to this forum and am very thankful for the wealth of Knowleg I have found. Thanx

19. Mick

from Maine

Welcome:waving: and don't get put off by the going back and forth. I've seen it over and over. No matter how much you put out there, someone will want more. The thing is, there is always condition or something you didn't think of and comes up later. :drinkup:

20. Mick

from Maine

Dave12768, is today a "Happy Birthday" ( 12/7/68)? If so, enjoy one on me:drinkup: .