1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9ft Fisher MC trip springs

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Tommylight, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Tommylight

Tommylight Junior Member

Does anyone know if the new MC's come with 6 springs or 4? I remember reading something somewhere that they now have 6.

The reason I ask is because we purchased a 9ft MC MM2 when they were fairly new and I could barely plow any hard packed snow without having the edge trip and stay triped until I stopped and backed up a bit. Yes the A frame is parallel and all that. I called Fisher and they suggested welding a set of spring brackets on and installing two more springs. He said this is what they have to do in Canada for the heavy snows. This has cured the problem and now trips identical to the old style.

We have a 9ft fisher MM1 that the angle of the plow is much more forward than our new one, btw we are selling this plow in the For Sale forum. This plow has never had a trip problem but Fisher decided to change the angle of the plow for better scrapping.

Anyhow long story short we are buying a new 9ft MC and wanted to know if I should get ready to weld and install or if they fixed the problem. :help:

2. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

The fisher web site says 4 springs for the 9 footer and 6 springs for the 10 footer. My 9.5 exreme v has 6 trip springs.