1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9ft 2" V XT for under 5k in MD

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Found the place i got mine from last year, this is more like the prices i was looking at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-....m14&_trkparms=72:64|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

I felt a little cheated last year, i bought it off ebay, with a $1500 spreader too, it was $400 almost in shipping to NJ, i called up, was going to pay for it by phone a few days prior to deposit the sale, said is $xxxx my total, they said yes, i get there to save $400 and they charge me MD sales tax because im picking up the item, which was over $300 anyway.

In the end it was $300 in tax, took me almost 4hrs drive EACH way, so a whole day, food i stopped to eat after picking it up, multiple tolls from NJ down i-95 to MD, and nearly a full tank of diesel in the truck, for well over $100. I would have saved plenty in shipping but figured id save a few bucks and pick it up sooner than have shipment arrive a week later.

I should have paid online and refused to pay anything extra, but i left them positive feedback anyway, just a raw situation, i know the laws but they should have given me the correct "TOTAL" not more when i show up with the CC to pay.:realmad:

oh, and i finish the install of the plow, and find out hydrauic fluid doesnt come with it, so i had to go to a local dealer to get a couple quarts, they should have either included it, "knowing id need it" or told me i would need it when buying the damn thing. Their attitude just kinda sucked, thats all.

2. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Can you go back and change your feedback? I hope you can, because thats good information, even if you just leave it as neutral feedback, at least others, including the seller, will be aware of the situation.

3. Blink74

Blink74 Member

Hmmmm? I was just getting ready to order from them too. Although, at those prices I can tolerate a little attitude.

4. Ramairfreak98ss

Yeah, i figured i put it out there, im a very honest guy, and i expect honestly and people to be up front about things from the get go. I feel the same way, it was still a descent price, but i could have changed my decision ahead of time, saved myself more money or bought from a different place, or a local dealer with the increase in price for pickup and tax ya know.

Id just get it shipped from them and figure in your costs to compare what your best price may be.

5. Ramairfreak98ss

Well with that said.. anyone on the east coast near NJ/eastern PA, south NY area looking to order a plow or spreader?

I still need an 8 or 9ft skid push box, spreader and V plow, for a minimal amount to pickup more skids on the trailer, i could bring up plows and spreaders if you had it already paid for prior....like $50 per skid to central/south jersey. I can even load it with the pallet forks on the tractor into your truck or trailer when you pick it up at my place.

Im looking to do this within the next two weeks though so its short notice. Just throwing it out there, could save some of you money and make it worth my while to tolerate their crap and drive down again.

6. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

ANY time you do a local pickup, their local taxes will apply, thats just the nature of the beast. But like you said, if you'd paid online, and even if you had to flash your ID to show you were from out of state you probably could have gotten out of that... but live and learn I guess.

Agree with you that things like oil should be included (but with that price are you surprised its not?)... or at minimum discussed and UPSOLD to you.

7. Blink74

Blink74 Member

I'm sorry you had a less than stellar experience with them. However, I saw the price and called them. The lady I spoke to was very nice and seemed to know what she was talking about. Their price was $700 lower than my local dealer shipped to my door. So I ordered a Boss 8' Super Duty. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

8. Ramairfreak98ss

Thats probably true, when i spoke with them on the phone, i too dealt with a woman who was in charge of everything on ebay as well, i dont think she was there when i picked the plow up though, only a couple of guys that got it all ready for pickup.

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

All you have to do is pay over the phone and then say you are having someone pick it up for you.