1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

!992 K3500 Weight

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Clean & Green, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Clean & Green

Clean & Green Junior Member

Anybody know how much my truck weighs? I am just trying to figure out the operating weight with my plow on I know the plow wieghs 950#s (Blizzard 810). And with that plow weight any suggestions for how much ballast i need?

(1992 Chevy K3500 454 7.4L 4x4/ reg cab/ srw/ automatic tranny/long box)
    Thank you very much for any responses.
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2005
  2. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Should say on the tag inside the doorjam on the drivers side.
  3. Clean & Green

Clean & Green Junior Member

Thanks I'll check soon as it gets back from the tranny shop.
  4. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

I have a 93 k3500 with the 6.5 turbo diesel. I am running the 810 blizzard on it. I put timbrens on the front and also cranked up the torsion bars a couple turns. Your engine is lighter than the diesel,so you should not have to much trouble. I am looking for a ford 350 regular cab diesel to hang my 9.2 boss on.The chevy's are great but the front ends just cannot compare to ford for strength and durability.Good luck and happy plowing :waving:
  5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I am going to guess 5500lbs. My 94 with the diesel weighted 6000lbs. It was the best truck I have ever owned, still sorry that I sold it.