1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 wrangler tj anyone retro a mount from 87 chevy

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by 99toledobuilt, Oct 1, 2010.

1. 99toledobuilt

99toledobuilt Junior Member

New to forum. Have question on putting plow on my tj I retrofitted it to my 05 ram 2500. Money is forcing me to sell truck. the plow is off a 87 chevy 2500 3 spring board. Im not bad with welder anyone have pics of frames they made. I have looked around but mostly for xj. Should i cut down board from 7.5 to 6.0. My dad had cjs with 6 cyl and they were great plows. Have small drive ways and church lots. Thanks for any input or pictures. have 2inch coil spring spacers due i need more help for front end? ussmileyflag

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Do you think maybe knowing what brand of plow would help? Stay with the 7 1/2

3. ZZR

ZZR Junior Member
    from MI.

TJ mount

Pics from another thread....

My homemade mount for a TJ. Hope it gives you some ideas to make yours work.

The drop brackets bolted to existing holes in the TJ frame. I used one of the bolts on the steering box. I'll try to post a drawing w/hole locations for the drop brackets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]