1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 western plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by scotty2222, Nov 30, 2001.

1. scotty2222

scotty2222 Member
    from MI

Hello everyone I'm in the market of buying a 1999 western plow off of my freind at work. Is this a good plow it is an 8' 6" plow the mount looks like it has two round holes up front for the plow mount to the trunk is this okay. from what I was tould it was used one year and garage stored the rest. any help would be greatful. The plow is coming off a 1999 F-250 super duty and going back on a 2001 F-250 super duty.
  2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

That plow will be fine, it is a good unit. You have the uni mount style truck to plow mount.
    Anything under 2K is fair, anything under 1500.00 is a steal.
    The plow new is around 3K, and you get a 2 season warranty. SO anything over 2K I would buy new.
  3. scotty2222

scotty2222 Member
    from MI

It's not a western it is a meyer

I just started a new thread about a 99 western plow. But to find out now that it is a Meyer plow. Every thing works good just need to know if this is a good plow. It is a 7.5 and it will be going on a F-250 cc short bed. Is there wings that I can ad to this plow to get the extra width.
  4. scotty2222

scotty2222 Member
    from MI

I paid 1000 for the plow, is this a good deal. Any service issues that that I should beware of on the meyer's.
  5. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Based on Dino's post, $1000 sounds like you did OK as far as price goes.

Will you be putting the plow to work commercially, or just looking after your own driveway plus a few others? Do a search here under "Meyer" and you'll find a lot of info. Some of those posts aren't exactly pro - Meyer, although some members have had good luck with them too.
  6. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Check out: http://www.snowplowing-contractors.com

That is Chuck Smith's website, he has a wealth of information on is site, especially Meyer's plows.

Most likely he will read this and respond anyway, but he would be your best bet for Meyer Plow info in my opinion.

7. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

They make 2 different 7.5' Meyers plows.

If it's a ST-7.5, then you did well.

If it's a C-7.5, then you got a heck of a deal.

Buy your wings form Northern Hydraulics and get it ready.
  8. scotty2222

scotty2222 Member
    from MI

Yes it is a C-75 and I am looking for the pro wings for this plow. When I first heard about the plow they told me it was a Western 8.5 for 1400, but when I got there to look at the plow it was a Meyer C-7.5 so I talked him down to a 1000. I don't think I did to bad.