1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 to 09 Truck swap

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ed#215, Jan 12, 2013.

1. ed#215

ed#215 Junior Member

Hello, new member and I'm looking for information on swapping a Fisher MM1 from a 99 GMC Sierra 1500 to a 09 GMC Sierra 1500 truck. So far I've gathered that new push plates part # 7182 are needed, but does MM1 plows directly interchange with new MM2 push plates? I have a 3 port isolation module part # 29070-1 on my 99 that I was told will swap over but will need a new headlight harness part # 29400-5. I plan on doing the install myself as I was given a price of 650-1000 for labor alone locally which seems a bit excessive. I was also priced at 600.00 for the new plates and 210.00 for the headlight harness. Am I missing anything in my gather of information for the install? Thanks for any tips and info!

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Ahyup, it all looks good from here. The plates will match up to MM1 & MM2.

3. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Fisher prices sure are steep out there in Boonville, you do not need to buy a new light harness, all you need is Fisher part #29458 which is the HB4 to H11 connector kit, it's around $20. But from what I'm seeing on those other prices you were quoted probably around $50 in Boonville.

4. ed#215

ed#215 Junior Member

Thanks for the tip on the connector kit, I kinda wondered if a jumper was avalible. As for the steep prices, sad thing is it took alot calls to even get a shop somewhat interested in helping and doing the work for that price most places only wanted to sell a whole new set-up.

5. Doghead

Doghead Junior Member
    from NY

Try Van Tassels(Gilco) in Watertown.

They may have used parts f/s.

I just went from a 2000 1500, to a 2009 2500, and they hooked me up!

They even bought my old parts that could not be used.

They will treat you right.

6. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

600 labor to install wow.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013