1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 Tahoe fuel pump

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Brov, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Brov

Brov Junior Member
    from Chicago

Hey there
    I went to go start my truck a couple of days ago, and all it did was turn over. I did not hear the fuel pump running. Checked relay and it was OK. I went out today and bought a new A/C Delco pump, dropped the tank and pulled out the old pump, and I noticed that it was replaced before. The problem I have is that the pump that I pulled out is a Airtex pump and the plug(wiring) was changed from the stock one to the the one that fits the aftermarket pump. Am I able to get the stock plug somewhere, or do I have to return the pump I bought today and get another Airtex, I would rather stick with the Delco one.
    Thanks,
    Brian

2. Spitz

Spitz Senior Member

I believe GM changed their pump plug and the new style should have come with the new pump. Maybe your year does not fall into this category but im sure you should be able to find the plug aftermarket. We actually replace all plugs (the old style square four plug).. They all come with some sort of replacement plug as gm has had issues with pin tension and melting of the plug due to resistance.