1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 tahoe front suspension

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Brov, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Brov

Brov Junior Member
    from Chicago

I have a 99 Tahoe 4x4 (1500) that I have put a Western Unimount Pro Plow on, and I was wondering, what I could do to beef up the front suspension?
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2004
  2. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

Turn your torsion bars up and get timbrens. I put them on my 1500 avalanche with a plow and they work great. I love them. :drinkup:
  3. NYplowboy

NYplowboy Member

No need to touch your torsion bars, the timbrens will do the trick by themselves. The change in your torsion bars will also affect the ride, the timbrens wont. The timbrens give you an additional 1400lbs of down pressure capacity. With the plow off you wont notice any ride difference IMO. I have 40,000 miles without timbrens and 29,000 miles with them installed, and IMO I have not noticed any difference in the ride.

Just my 2 cents........Good luck

2000 GMC 1500 Z71 Fisher RD MM2
  4. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

If you touch the torsion bars at all make sure you get an alignment!!
  5. Brov

Brov Junior Member
    from Chicago

Thanks guys for all your help, I really appreciated it
  6. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

The higherm you turn the torsion bars, the rougher the ride you will have.:nod: