1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 suburban/which plow/other questions

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jay albers, Aug 16, 2011.

1. jay albers

jay albers Member
    from pa

just got a 99 2500 sub.

i was thinking of buying new plow, I believe i can finance a new one which will allow me to keep the money i have to keep me afloat for the winter.

Or i could buy used, I am a little wooried about that because your just not sure what your getting. Also i have'nt been in the biz that long so I'm really not sure what to look for.

1 if i buy used how hard is it to hook these things up? should i do it or have somone else put it on, when i buy used i will need to buy the setup then the undercarriage, correct?

2 if i buy new, then in a couple years upgrade the vehicle i will most likely have to buy a new undercarriege?

3 from my reseach to it looks like i should go with an 8' plow as well

any input woulb be great guys, thanks jay
  2. jay albers

jay albers Member
    from pa

3. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Hello, I plow w/ 2 1999 and a 1994, Sno way's on the 99's and 860 Speedwing on the 94. You will have no problem with what ever plow you choose. If mainly drives and sm commerical, I like Sno way. Down pressure works great. Basher can be found on here and can steer you well in the right direction. I know he carries new, but has been know to have used available.

As far as installation, if you have the time and mechanical inclination, install yourself. If mechanically challenged, let the dealer install.

I love my Suburbans for plowing!
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

At least an 8 footer. Or 8 footer with wings. What brand of plows are popular in your area? What dealers offer the best support?
  5. jay albers

jay albers Member
    from pa

western is the closest dealer here.

also, if i buy new does it come with installation instructions?

called about a 8 ft boss plow , $4,150 plus tax. that includes installation/which is $350
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes an depending on your front axle you could handle more depending on the manufacturer. Snoway allows the 8'10" 29R or the 8' 29HD with 45 degree scoop wings making it 9'6", some of the others allow 8' 6" and you may be able to carry a Vee. Of course if you throw manufacturers and federal regulations to the wind you can install anything you want. That's a hell of a good price on a boss plow, be sure it has the smarthitch.