1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 silverado 4wd problem help please...

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chevy$men, Jan 10, 2010.

1. chevy$men

chevy$men Senior Member

When i put my truck in 4wd drive and drive i hear i noise in the front end i think and the faster i go the louder it gets but when i get off the gas it stops it sounds like something is rubbin i havent did anything yet ...i have a 99 silverado 1500 z71 short box... Thanks

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Does the 4wd work? Can you see the front tires spinning? Do you have a lever on the floor, or push button 4x4? If button, do you have Auto4wd?

3. chevy$men

chevy$men Senior Member

i have push button 4x4 and i have auto 4wd? The 4x4 works good

4. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

Might be the front axle assembly.

5. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like a constant velocity joint from your description.How many miles do you have on her?

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm still not sure if you have the auto 4 wd or not since you answered wiht a question mark. What buttons do you have? I would suspect you have a bad joint. Either a U-joint or CV joint.

7. chevy$men

chevy$men Senior Member

88,000 miles

8. chevy$men

chevy$men Senior Member

auto 4wd 2hi,4hi,4lo and if i need u-joint or cv joint would it be noise also when i put it r or drive