1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 ram vibration on highway

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by plowinzr2, Mar 26, 2008.

1. plowinzr2

plowinzr2 Senior Member

hey guys ive got a 99 ram 1500 4x4 with the 318 and 152000 miles on her. ive noticed recently a vibration on the highway. im having the wheels balanced tomorrow and the the u joints are tight. my cat is rattling a lil bit so it needs to be done do u think the cat could be the cause of the vibration?

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

can you describe the vibration any more?? rams are known for crappy front ends, is it a front end vibration?

3. plowinzr2

plowinzr2 Senior Member

well i notice it mainly over 40mph its a slow vibration like an out of balance wheel would feel

4. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

could be a wheel bent, wheel out of balance, tire with a bulge in it, or you could have a very weak steering stabelizer. also the u joints if you have 2 that are kinda ifffy then you could get thoes 2 to make a bad vibration not that noticable

5. plowinzr2

plowinzr2 Senior Member

well i had the wheels and tires balanced and rotated but i still seem to notice it. i kno my cat is on its way out do u think it could be that?

6. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

Ball Joints, Wheel Barings, Track Bar! Have them All checked out ! VERY Common Problems Know for Vibration! I know from expirence!