1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 powerstroke questions

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by THEGOLDPRO, Dec 18, 2009.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

so im looking at picking up a 99 f350 powerstroke, its a wt version, bench seat, no power windows, bare bones pretty much, truck has no rust, or dents, underside looks pretty good,trucks in pretty good shape overall. doesnt appear to have had a plow on it, the only problem i see is it has 220k on it, im no ford expert so let me know what you guys think about this, and what you think its worth.
    [​IMG]

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't be afraid of the milage on it. I wouldn't give more than $4500 for it with that many miles on it...jmo

3. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

id pay 8-10k for it. $4500 is an insult for that IMO

4. THEGOLDPRO

the asking price as of now is $5800 im gonna try for 5k see what he says.

5. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Are you serious? Around here $4500-$5000 is all that truck would bring being stripped down with 220 k on it.

6. ramdieselsmoke

ramdieselsmoke Member

sick with dodge bro best advice i can give, i had a 99 f350 with 140k nothing but problems with tranny motor leaking diesel fuel blah blah blah......

7. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

thats what id be willing to pay for it. everybody is different though. i was trying to sell my 1999 psd with 148,000miles for a few months and decided the best thing to do is just keep it. its cleaner then most low milage 2006's and i can easily get $12,000 for it. i was actually offered 12,000 and i just didnt have the heart to sell the old girl, just to good a truck.

8. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a late 99 to me ( engine badge on the door). Good year for these trucks. Forged rods and the non diode transmission. Ford was using the Dana 50 front axle that year so you might want to check the front GAWR if you plan on putting a plow on it.

Has the tranny been rebuilt or modified? The 4R100 transmissions arent known for their longevity. Usually its the torque converter that goes first. Most say that the average is 100k miles. I have 130k on mine with no issues so far.

It appears that somebody has upgraded the headlights and front bumper from the factory XL stuff. You should really look at upgrading to towing mirrors.

As far as price is concerned, I'm cheap, throw them a lowball offer and negotiate from there.

9. THEGOLDPRO

yea i would def upgrade to towing mirrors, and bucket seats if i get it.

10. snowandgo

snowandgo Senior Member

Looks like a good one, but at 220k, it may need ball joints and a tranny soon. But still worth $5,800 IMO. 220k is nothing to worry about on that truck.

Interesting that it has the cab lights and aero headlights if it is an XL w/o tow mirrors.