1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 pontiac montana , ac problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by blublzr, Oct 11, 2007.

1. blublzr

blublzr Member

okay guys you helped me out with my last problem , so maybe you can help me out with this one. i have a 99 pontiac montana van , the a/c is not working . it appears that there is air coming out out of the vents , buts its not cool air. i bought an a/c recharge kit and tried that , but with no luck . after taking 1 1/2 cans of refridgerant it still isnt blowing cold air. do i have a leak somewhere. it seems all the electrical fuses/circuit breakers are okay. any thoughs on this ???

wil :dizzy:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is the clutch on the compressor engaging when you operate the a/c?

3. blublzr

blublzr Member

99 pontiac montana , A/C problems

in response to B&B ,
    Im not sure about the clutch fan. i do know that when you walk buy the front of my van it always has "hot" smell to it .

wil :dizzy:

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not the clutch FAN, the clutch on the front of the A/C compressor that engages. Watch it while a helper turns the a/c on, does it kick the clutch on? You can also check it by switching the selector to "defrost" also..