1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 nbs 6L 2500 is a good plow truck ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bob00, Dec 8, 2010.

1. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

i the kind of guy who always like back up plan

i got my main truck wich is an 2500 96 chevy
    i got back up plan b wich is a 88 1500 chevy good looking for a 88

this summer a buy plan c with plan to keep it only if worst comme to worst
    wich was a 3500 88 with a 6.2 engine wich is dead acctuly verry rusty but
    it was not suppose to be use only keep as 2nd back up truck

but plan c was too bad to go back on the rod i didnt know the engin was dead

to make a short long story i am looking to a new plan c, i found a 99 nbs 2500 with a 6 liter engin at a more then dessant price

is ther any know problem plowing with it ?? is the front is strong as my 96 2500 ?
    any know problem with those 6 liter ?
  2. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Why is so hard to understand you canadians posts? ;)
  3. PlowTeam5

PlowTeam5 Senior Member

6L's are a gm LS based engine. I think GM got it right when they made these ls1 and all other LS based motors. I have a 04 2500 with a 6L and it is a great plow truck. 140k miles on it and not one issue with it. A friend of mine with chevy vans with the 6L in them has over 300k miles on them and never had an issue. So they are great trucks and if it is a good price you wont be let down IMO.
  4. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

Sorry for the long story and bad typing
    It was late i was tired i just try to explain a bit of my situation insted of just ask the simple question of " is a 2500 chevy 99 with a 6 liter engin is a good plowing truck "

And i might have your answer why canadien post are hard to understand

Quebec is a french speeking province so some of us ( me ) try to translate french to english and sometime its not pretty

As for nb ns and labrador. They got ther way to speek some peppol of nb mix and match english and french in ther current language that is relly hard to understant if your not used to it

And thanks plow team 5 for your input
    I am going to test drive it this week end
    Have a good seson evryone
  5. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

In my opinon, its one of the best out there. Motor has more than enough power to push ALOT of snow and it is a great ride. (I have one). The front end can support a plow, but I would throw some timbrens up front. I have a 8 1/2 foot Western on mine and she don't squat at all! it does everything I ask and MORE! Good luck.:waving:
  6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I had a GMC 2500HD with the 6.0L in it. It wasa good truck overall, but it had been a plow truck its whole life and was starting to show its age. It nickeled and dimed me to death. Water pump, manifolds, u-joints, brake lines, fuel pump, e-brake, etc... The list goes on. Like I said, the truck took a beating and could hold its own. Would I buy another one? Yes, in a second.
  7. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I have a 2001 2509hd with the 6.0L and run a 8'2" boss v plow. On it's third year plowing, and its been a great truck so far.
  8. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Been using my 2000 2500 as my DD and plow truck for 4 years now. No issues.