1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 ford f150--frontend upgrade?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hortboy, Oct 13, 2003.

1. hortboy

hortboy Junior Member

Just a smokin deal on a 99 F150 4x4 w/ offroad pkg. Reg cab - 8 ft box. I want to put a plow on the front as a back up for my big jobs and maybe use it for some residential jobs occasionally. I've gotten mixed answers on ---if I need to upgrade the front suspension "spring rubbers" or even stiffer springs. I know when we mount it we always tighten the tortion bars. I don't want to run the truck into the ground and yet I want it to be safe in the long run.

Let me know your thoughts.
  2. Santo

Santo Banned

150's are made for sightseeing only.
  3. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

hortboy-contrary to santo's, I just saw a late 90's f150 with a plow subframe on about 2 weeks ago. I would probably take a snoway. I have no experience with them, but they have a pretty descent reputation around here. If you got a great deal on the truck, it isn't going to make you any money going to get groceries, and since you say it is only a backup truck/occasional driveway plower, I would say it should work with a light plow. Just my thoughts... Good Luck:salute:
  4. wyldman

wyldman Member

The F150 will carry a small plow.A 7.5 ft Snoway would be an excellent choice.Add a set of Timbrens and it will carry it fine.