1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 f350 taillight fuse blows out

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by GSS LLC, Nov 17, 2014.

1. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

99 f350. 7.3 diesel. taillight fuse blows out constantly. it actually slightly melted the fuse block around the fuse.

things i have noticed-
    pass side taillight is dim (when they work)

I have replaced the headlight/dimmer switch and that didnt help.

bad ground?
    i plan on cutting off all the trailer wiring in case thats a culprit.
    i have heard of the multifunction switch being a cause possibly? it doesnt work properly, have to hold it "just so" to get the right turn signals to work properly.

heard of a connector that is unused on the pass side kick panel and change falls into it from the dash and shorts the terminals out.

any other ideas?
  2. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

I think I got this one figured out. a clearance light in the passenger side dually fender was shorted out. I started on the pass side because of the dim taillight. followed wires and ran into the light socket full of green fuzz. cut it off and so far so good. time for a new pigtail.