1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 F350 PSD Weight

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Flipper, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Well took a load of scrap down to the recycler today and it gave me a chance to weigh my new to me daily driver.

4x4 7.3 auto Supercab shortbed stock suspension, tires and aluminum whels, its has a receiver hitch, Fisher Mount, 7ft dump insert (weighed just over 600lbs when I put it in.) Truck came in at 7720lbs with about 14 gallons of diesel in it.

I have to find a weight ticket from my 550, I know it weighs more but I also have the weight of the body so it will be a good comparison.

So as with all my other trucks, even when I take the insert out and put a 6ft vbox in (500lbs) once I hang the V and put some salt in it, it too will be overweight.

Incidently I had 1800lbs of scrap and was just touching the helpers.
  2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

My 08 CC Diesel 350 with 7-800 pounds of tools/people towing a 4100# dump trailer tares out at 6.6 to 6.8 tons at three different scales - that puts the truck only at 9000#. I have no idea what the total weight limit is.....