1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 f350 mirror swap

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by goodlivin33, Oct 5, 2012.

1. goodlivin33

goodlivin33 Senior Member

i am looking at swaping my mirrors for the 08 or newer because i can barley see out of the stock ones. i was looking for the best price if you guys can help..i currently have power mirrors without heat and the shop said they could add heat to the new ones but it would be a switch i would have to remember to shut off because the new trucks have a built in timer any comments on that would be good to..

2. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

Yeah many people have done it. It would be easier to swap to the 99 style tow mirrors if you dont already because the electrical plug is different but it can still be done.

3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i added 03 power mirrors with heat to my 02. it was plug and play for everything except for the heat. i added a switch and ran a wire into each door. it is real nice on cold foggy days. less than a minute for clear mirrors.
    as far as the switch goes, i used a back-lit carling switch. when the heat is on the light on the switch is on to remind me.

4. goodlivin33

sounds good i think im going to go for it..thanks

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I put 12 mirrors on my 03. Couple connectors and a timer switch for the heat and good to go

6. goodlivin33

That's what I'm going to do and have signals ta boot. The cost far out ways hitting something backing up that I can't see plus it will look better and be more functional. The guys at the shop that are doing the work had me get in a 2012 and see for myself the difference and wow. Night and day

7. dieselss

Yep. Only wish I got the pwr extend and fold

8. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Jeff Dont you think 12 mirrors is a little bit over doin it.I mean which one do ya look at when your backin up ? The one in te middle the one on the end???:dizzy:

9. dieselss

Sorry I misspoke...there 08s but just a little wiring and some time. And Dennis,,,I just use the force when I back up....those mirrors are so big I gotta fold them in so I don't hit anything