1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 F250 value your opinion please

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by toyman, Oct 1, 2008.

1. toyman

toyman Senior Member

I have a 99 F250 XLT, new ball joints, rotors, bearings in the front, calipers and pads on rear last spring. No tears in the interior, non smoker. The truck has 152K miles on the 5.4L, it runs like a top, shifts perfectly, 4X4 works properly and has 4.10 gears. The truck drives like new, it does have the plow prep pakage and a 8'6" Western V plow. It was just over at Airlift (they needed a truck to test fit) and got a new product from them in all four corners, it's kind of like a Timbren block.

I am wanting to go back to a diesel and a freind says he wants to buy it. I've been through EBay, and NADA. I am thinking I would like to get $10K for the truck and plow.

What's your opinion, if you were in the market for a truck and found this one what would you pay. Am I out of line on the price.

Pick is from late last winter, truck looks the same but cleaner.

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Clean but in my mind the price is a bit high with the miles on it
  3. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

whats the blade look like ? i can't see why not wouldn't get 10k for it depending on your market there looks to be in good shape . don't go lower than 8k good luck nows the time when people are coming looking for trucks like that
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

After being in the market for a new truck. I can say that's really not a bad price. It is super duty and has a plow. A lot of parts that wear out are replaced. I just could not slide the miles on it past the wife. I tried 6 times on similar trucks.
  5. toyman

toyman Senior Member

Plow is in great shape, new cutting edges with 2 pushes on them.

The miles are actually average, just over 15K per since built. Truck is actually an early 99, built in spring of 98.

I put 20K on it in the year I have owned it, doesn't use any oil either.

I do greatly appreciate your thoughts. I'm not trying to justify the price in my mind, I guess I want to be fair to my self and to the new owner.
  6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

you still letting her tell you what to buy, tell her i bought a 92 chevy suburban with 257k for $600 and it is my most profitable truck
  7. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

One of my buddies just picked up a 1999 F350 4x4 Lariat extended cab single rear wheel with 52,000 miles for $8000!!!!!

I was pissed I missed that deal:eek:
  8. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i think $10 is a fair price if you look at it as an equiptment investment/money maker.....look at it this way, you have $5k blade and $1k in toolbox/fuel tank
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  9. MickiRig1

I am glad the Wife objected to my choices of the first 6 trucks with 100k on them.
    I searched and found a great one for a daily driver. The Big Red Drain costs me $40 in insurance a month. My insurance agent has the oldest son as the primary driver " Wink Wink" that save us $100 a month on his insurance.
    I think I will throw some parts in it and plow it in to the ground this winter. Then use the money gained to buy me a "Beater Diesel". There's more then one way to get stuff past the Wife.
  10. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I think your price is a little high. I have the same truck but mine is extended cab and I paid $18,600 7 yrs ago with 40,000 miles on it and it has 176,000 on it now and it has a plow on it and they won't give me more then $6,000 for it. But good luck
  11. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

I let mine go, and it was nearly the same truck except an F350 with an 8 ft Meyer straight blade, for $7500 2 years ago. I replaced it with an 02 F250 Xcab with a V10. I don't know if I could get 10k for it right now (though it isn't for sale). The market is low for gas guzzlers right now, escpecially in Michigan. If you can get $7500, take it.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  12. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i like to think your truck is worth $10.. it's funny almost everyone says your truck is worth way less than $10, all i have to say is go look on the for sale thread here and people are trying to sell there old 1980' and early 90's trucks for $5-6k.....if you can't sell it for 10 i'd keep it and put a driver in it pushing snow this year and you'll make the $10k your wanting and still have the truck
  13. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

It hard to sell and my old friend have 2001 F250 it extend cab and it same this one.

Well I told him I will buy for $4,000 why frame is so rust, engine have 96,000 miles but not change oil.

He say ok $4,000 is good for him so that great for me but no job and can't afford that truck. I know it got 16-18 mpg.

I say your truck look worth $7,000 but if you sold 2 years ago you would gotten $12,000 but now no one will buy until it cheap.
  14. ctd992500

ctd992500 Senior Member

I spend 10k for that truck as it sits right now if i could. That thing is nice looking and has everything you'd want as a contractor minus it being diesel. I think you'd get it. Their always someone out their willing to give you what you want.
  15. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

i think your truck is worth it but with the current market i think its going to be high and might sit there for a while.. fwiw i bought a 2000 f-350 v10 xlt reg. last fall for 9500 w/ no plow and it had 85k on it... hopefully you get er sold to your buddy.
  16. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

i agree with your wife. :nod:
  17. MickiRig1

I am kinda glad she objected. I found a great truck and that really get's under Her skin !
    It's hauled 5 loads of stuff and hauled Her Sister's stuff when she moved. Ha HA I win !
  18. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Sharp truck, It probably is worth the ten that you want, but your not gonna get it in this market. I hate to be the barer of bad news but if you can get $7500 jump all over it. Had a buddy (I was with him when he bought it) buy a 99' crew cab, with a V-10 with 80K on it for under $9k. This truck was truely spot less. One 1" scratch on the whole truck, and the inside was just as clean. I also have a 04' crew cab diesel lariet dually with 130K on it, that if I could get 18K for I would probably sell it tomarrow. If you don't need to sell it to get your new truck, keep it and throw a buddy in it. You can pay your friend well and make the money you could have sold it for in one winter. Just a thought. If I had it, I would keep it before I sold it for what the market is right now. Just so you know the market, I bet you could buy a 01' diesel with 130K for under 10K
  19. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I take that back, I know of a 03' 250 ex cab sb diesel with 95K on it and his asking price is 11K