1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 F250 Super Duty Disconect air bag ?????

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by htg900, Dec 2, 2005.

1. htg900

htg900 Junior Member

I have a 1999 F250 Super Duty with a 7.5 Western Pro do I need to pull airbag fuses to plow?

2. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

Absolutely Not!:nono:
    This question is asked often here. Usually among newbs. You're not going to activate an airbag under normal plowing. If something extreme happens, you'll want it's protection anyways.
    Let's say, for arguments sake, you were to somehow deactivate your driver's airbag. Are you getting an insurance discount for it? Taking a discount while the bag is disconnected is fraud. OK, what if you call the company and say you don't want that discount? That's a red flag right there. One of those damned if you do/don't situations. Worse yet what if you get in some kind of accident and the police/insurance company sees that your bag didn't deploy? Do you really want that hassle? I've seen others recommend ways of disconnecting bags but that's the same mentality as "I want to be thrown clear of the car rather than wear a seat belt." I've seen someone 'thrown clear' and their body snapped a road sign post in half (they died).
    Bottom line, it's unnecessary.;)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2005
  3. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

DITTO! The plow should be connected to the frame and the frame absorbs the enegy--not the bumpers where most sensors are!

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I've removed bumpers on a couple of Dodges and there are no censers there or in the frame there is a Central inertia sensor, It's mounted on the tranny tunnel just below the dash, that takes care of the air bags.

5. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

You can disable em and it will throw a light on on the dash but the truck will function. I dont know if I buy all the insurance/legal worries ect but I agree to leave em.