1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 F250 Super Duty 4x4 7.3 $8k

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by got-h2o, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Gauging interest more than anything. I absolutely love this truck and trust it 100%. I would drive it to California tomorrow if I had to. I do not need to sell this truck by any means. I am looking at putting on a 450 or 550 so the $$ will help. This truck has never plowed. I planned to but never bought a truckside to do it. I installed front bags and a compressor, and they WILL be included for full asking price. Fuel tank shown is not. This is one hell of a truck boys. It really is.

99 F250 7.3 4x4 Ex cab long bed
    XLT, PW PL, Cruise, power seat, etc.
    Tan/beige cloth interior.
    Pretty clean, with rust starting on door inside lip. A few misc dings and such but nice overall.
    HD rear springs but rides great. Tight front end, etc.
    Like new tires...235/85/E

This truck gets amazing MPG's. The best of my whole fleet. It's got a bit more power than a typical 7.3, and there's a superchip sticker on the bed. I assume it has an econo tune in it. It honestly seems to go forever on a tank, although I've never calculated it.

I can't stress how much I trust this truck. It has 374k and runs, looks and drives like 50k. It's that clean. It has camper hooks and a 5th wheel hole in the bed so I assume that's where the miles came from. I've put 5k on it, mostly travel miles. I serviced it about 500 miles ago. FF, Oil, etc. No tailgate. The one on it is from my other truck.

If it doesn't sell soon I will change my plans. It was my DD before the snow started, and I also have my wife's Tahoe now to drive since we bought another car (although the 250 gets 2x the mpg's). Out of site, out of mind. KBB values this truck for over $2k more than my asking price......with the miles, and I'm including the bags. If you come prepared to buy it, you will drive it home with no disappointments.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  2. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

damn that truck is clean for the year and miles... bump it for you

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Thanks buddie

4. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Free bump, don't let the miles fool you my cousin just sold his baby (01 f250 7.3) w 475k on it and it was his best running 7.3 he's ever had!

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm just waiting for it.....LOL

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Haha Meeee too lol. And thanks for the bumps.

............and I just called on a 450 dump I had my eye on and it has been sold. That means I am in no hurry to sell this truck now, although I do plan to have it gone by spring, so still let me know if anyone is interested. I put about 200 miles on her today. Sitting in it now infact ;-)

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Ta add guys, I can set this truck up with one of 2 plows. I have a new Blizzard 8611LP with a complete new truckside available. $12,800.

I also have a Unimount straight blade I could put on it as well. $10,500 for that package.

8. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

You are brave...bump for you.

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

LOL I should have priced it at like $15k just to reel him in ;)

10. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

is it a 9'??

11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol no 7.5 off that white Dodge....................but it will help fund the 9 ;)

12. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I heard that 9' is pretty nice. Quite clean for a unimount

13. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'll be the judge of that lol

14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'm thinking about trying the sale this Fri.................it should fetch btw $6-7k. Trucks are high. One with similar miles went close to that last week and it was a roach. I'll consider offers just to invest into another project I have my eye on. If no one's interested I may just let it ride this week.

Again, no disappointments here. This is one fine truck fellas.

15. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Truck look great condition but miles/price it going be tough to get buyer.

There 4 trucks with 600-700K miles they kinda rough for $2K and 2 with 300K miles for $6K.

16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

There's not 6 trucks in here for sale, I see 1. And it doesn't match the description of anything your trying to push.

17. Milwaukee

18. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

That 700k truck is comparable if mine was a total piece of sh!t. That actually looks great to me for the value of mine. I am familiar with repocast and there's a LOT of fine print that most overlook. I live for the auction world. That truck will be around $4k out the door after fees. Trust me, mine is worth at least $2-3k more than that gem. Not to mention that was from 7/2011. HUGE change in the truck market this month compared to then. Trucks like mine are $1-2k higher due to tax time. I'm not bs'ing, I'm seeing them one after the other as my jaw drops, watching what they pull compared to 2 weeks ago.

Watch out for repocast/oritbid, etc. They are into me for $800 for a lost tig welder that I bought and went missing that they will no longer respond to me about.

Nevertheless, I am highly considering taking the 99 to the sale Fri for a definate sale. Sell it regardless of what it brings. I'm pretty hyped up about starting this new project. We shall see................I lose interest fast so you never know. I'll either get caught up in the heat of the moment, or get
    p!ssed/greedy and bring it back home.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  19. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

It sucks selling stuff right now and with the lack of snow. I'm really getting antsy to retool for spring already.

Anyway, bump for you!

20. Milwaukee

That purple truck is relisted last week it didn't ever sold so we will wait 1 week to see if price are same or higher.

I am still having hard time understand why those people would spend alot $ on those at auction while they could get cheaper from Craigslist or dealer lot.

But I must say your truck definably better condition than alot trucks here with alot rusty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.