1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 f-350 tire size?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Scenic Lawnscape, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

I just picked up a 99 f-350 7.3 ext cab, and the tires are 315/75/16. The hit the springs on a sharp turn, so i need to get some thing a little more narrow.

What would you suggest?

I like the height but not the width

2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

stock is 265/75/16 tires.

3. Bigfoot Brent

Bigfoot Brent Senior Member

I run 285/75R16 on my '01 F350 SRW They fit with stock suspension, lots of tire selection in that size too.

4. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I had 305's on my 99 stock suspension and they didn't rub, but the fact of the matter narrower works better for snow

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

It's frustrating there are not more choices for tall & narrow. BFG and Cooper make a tire in 255/85/16. They are not snow tires, but if you were brave with the siping tool you could probably have something.

Then there are these:
    http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php?id=11&g=1
    Interco TRXUS MT They are available in 255/85/16, and a bunch of other big sizes. The local off road shop said these are awesome in the snow. He SAID if I didn't think they were the best snow tires I ever used, he would give me all my money back. Mount, balance, everything. Considering a set for my 81 GM. And these are all heavy duty tires, rated for 3000 lbs or more.

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Sweet.

These would be helpful for you when you get closer to the rock instead of the hard place. ;)

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

"Mark", I think you better leave the snow tire discussion to us real plowboys. You need something wider down there for all that sand. You'll want to air down on the beach, too. How did you like the latest Taylor Swift album?

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Dude, wasn't it, like, awesome?

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Oh yeah, fer sure!