1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 F 350 superduty question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by farmertim, Feb 22, 2005.

1. farmertim

farmertim Member

HI All...

I have a question, does anyone know why when i step on the brake my dome light goes on for about 60 seconds in the cab?
    Ive had to take the bulb out given when plowing its on almost all the time.
    Any ideas or what to replace would be appreciated.
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Just out of couriosity, do you have a brake controller in your truck? IF so, try unplugging it once to see what happens. Just something i ran into on a ford once where the brake controller harness was configured wrong. Still dobnt know why the dome light came on but everything work right after i changed the plug.
  3. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

This is probably not the correct answer for your problem.... But
    The newer super duties have the dome light on switch tied into the door latch.
    And they stick on all the time.
    Spray the latch on the door with WD40 or silicone spray, and see if that helps.
  4. MidAtlantic

MidAtlantic Member

Our '99 is doing the same thing. We just removed the bulbs. If I need lights in there I just turn them on manually.

If you listen closely you can hear the relay click as you accelerate and come to a stop. I never really bothered addressing the problem but I am sure it has something to do with the door sensors since it acts like I opened a door. I will have to try the trailer brake thing to see if that helps.
  5. szippijr

szippijr Member
    from S.E Pa

Dome lights are common problems with fords. Its a ford, what do u expect