1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 f-250 SD

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by redplowmanson89, Oct 11, 2009.

1. redplowmanson89

redplowmanson89 Junior Member

Hey guys,
    I'm looking at these Goodyear duratracs for my 99 SD. what do you guys think of running 315/75r16 tires on my truck stock or with a leveling kit? and what about plowing with a tire that big if i can run it? I appreciate any advice!!!!

Thanks,
    redplowmanson

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Taller skinnier tires usually work better in deeper snow. JMO

3. T&MSnowMan

T&MSnowMan Member

Ive been plowing the past 2 years with 315/70/17's (BFG ATKO's) and to be quite honest, as long as I had the proper weight in the bed, I was absolutely fine....I used these tires year round and still have good tread left....

About the DuraTracs, I actaully just bought some (same size as above) so I cant speak of how these tires will perform in the snow, but they are rated for winter traction so knock on wood...haha...so far though, the ride is smooth, Ive heard of tire roll in corners, but I havent had any, I put 50psi in them and Im not getting any tire roll...excelent traction for mud...Im sure youve read some reviews on these, I love them so far...If you go to the thread "bought new winter tires for 06 F250" you can hear some different views on the DuraTracs...I started the thread..its under Ford Trucks

4. redplowmanson89

redplowmanson89 Junior Member

do you have any rub with thos sizes tires T&M?

5. T&MSnowMan

T&MSnowMan Member

no I dont have any rubbing...but...I also have a 4" lift....so they fit nicely...I have about 1-1/2" of clearance on the backside of the fender when my tires are turned all the way (with the plow lifted).