1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 F-250 SD front springs

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by sefh, Jan 10, 2008.

1. sefh

sefh Senior Member

I have a 99 SD with V-10 and the front springs are orginal but they are sagging and the truck is nose heavy and they need to be replaced. Can someone tell me what years would fit this truck and if a 350 spring is heavier than a 250?
  2. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Any spring from a 99-04 will fit. What you want to find is a set of x code as they are the plow package spring. You could get them from These guys
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Definately get the "X" springs.
  4. Code "x" Springs

Here is the OEM Ford part number for the code "X" plow package front leaf springs.
    F-250's and F-350's use the same springs.

5. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Thanks for you help guys....Looking for a set of 'X' springs now.
  6. toyman

toyman Senior Member

Where are you in Michigan. Midwest Spring (State spring) in Lansing has them in stock for $150 each. I don't know what they get to install them.

7. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Yiu can order them from This guy Factory original part.
  8. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

anybody know how these woudl line up next to what i did.. i have a diesel...so i guess i have 5200 2 leaf fronts... i ordered a 2.5 level kit from summit that came with 5 more leafs all nice and long and lifted me 3" for sure...

just wondering...how many leafs an x had...height difference...ect..mine were 179..but also came with track bar drop..
  9. X Springs

The "X" springs have 2 leaves just like all the others, but they are thicker. A set of "X" springs lifted my truck about 1.5 inches over the originals.

10. sefh

sefh Senior Member

What is on these springs that indentify them as an "X" spring? I called a few recycle yards and they asked what "X" means. Thanks
  11. Code "x" Springs

"X" is the Ford spring code. A late model code "X" spring should have the engineering number stamped at one end of the spring. I don't know if I would get a set of used springs--they could be sagged out, and you would not know until after you installed them. My "X" springs have

2C34-5310-AFA stamped in them.
  12. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Yeah that's a good point would hate to go through all that work and find they are as bad as what I have. I will just order them through one of the sites mentioned above. Thanks for the help
  13. Dissociative

ahhh...i wonder if i put those above my AAL i would get 4-5 of lift...cool...
  14. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Just wondering if a 99 F350 w/diesel would have stiffer springs than F250. The guy I bought the plow from is looking to install lift kit and bigger tires on truck. He told me I could have the springs (which I'll take em) and I'll see if they have the code marked on them.

FISHERBOY Senior Member

I also hav a f-250 but i hav dsl, it does sag in the front, if i put new springs on it will it be level again,? because i had a dodge dsl, i had new springs put on it and it didn't make it level in the front
  16. Dissociative

depends what springs you get,....D's have 5200 stock in a 250...i assume same in 350..i put the AAL from summit and got 5 more leafs and 3" lift...if you order the X spring (6000) for sure it will sit higher than was new. allowing you to upsize tires also to 285ish mabey