1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 Door panel removal

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Flipper, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

99 Ford F350 with power windows and locks. I need to get the door panels off or loose enough to get access to the speakers.

Cargo pockets along the bottom. Are the panels just on with clips? Any hints? I don't want to break one.

2. Brandon

Brandon Member

Can't remember exactly how these come off, but anyways....take off everything obvious first. Then try to look in anywhere around the perimeter of the panel to see if there are push-in plugs holding it on. If so, use a plastic pry stick around the perimeter to disengage the plugs. If not, once you get everything obvious off, lift straight up on the panel and it'll pop off. I'm thinking it is the latter, but I can't remember for sure.

3. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

start by removing the black plastic trim triangle peice at the top it snaps in . next remove the switchs the cover goes forware and up disconnect the harness connectors . now get the small scerwdriver flat blade and pop the light lamps cover off there a scerw there 7mm there 2 7mm at the top of swtichs panel . now to remove the door panel lift up then out there hook style need to be lifted stright up inorder to be free from the door if beak them your going to a. need a new panel or b pc 7 them or something like that

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Mike you were spot on except they were 6mm hex head screws. Anyway I got it off, found the loose wire and got it repaired.

5. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

not a problem man its been awhile i was guessing happy to help :cool: