1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 Dodge Ram 2500 light issue

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by allen81, Jan 20, 2012.

1. allen81

allen81 Member

As of right now I only have the passenger side plow light working when on low beams when on high beams they both work. My parking and turn signals were working now they are not. Does any one have any suggestions? The blue connector from the harness I had to switch 2 wires blue to yellow on both sides. Does anyone know how to unplug the blue and yellow wire on the connector that goes into the ISO box? I was told it is a configuration issue and that I have to switch the blue and the yellow wire to different pins.

Please refer to the hb1 picture on page 10. http://library.fisherplows.com/fisherplows/pdf/28561.04_052407.pdf

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

Go to page 6 and you will see the PLUG CONFIGURATION.Your will beHeadlamp Common = POSITIVE. I have a 99 Ram and had the some problem.If you need more help feel free to ask. There are alot of help here on the site.

3. allen81

allen81 Member

When you fixed your problem did you have to switch the blue and the yellow jumpers on the iso connector on port 3 and 4 or did you just change the jumper on the blue connector on both driver and passenger side?

1. Jumper Position B to Position C
    2. Insert cavity plug into Position A
    3. Install secondary lock

4. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

On my Ram there is only one way to set it up. It has only 1 wire and it's red. It's for common or negitive ground on the head lights. Mine is a commin groung or switched ground. Do have a open plug?

5. allen81

allen81 Member

Open plug where? Where is the red wire that your referring to?

6. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

The configuration plug is in the control harness, it is in the area of the harness that is under the hood, it is a small plug with a red wire that loops out and then back into the plug (or you could be missing the plug all together) you will see there are three possible places to place the wire into the plug, what you need to do is remove the wire from the left side of the plug and mount it in the right side of the plug or visa versa.

7. allen81

allen81 Member

Can you show me a picture of what plug your referring to? Under the hood I have 2 fuse holders and then I have 3 wires that I was told are for the jumper. I can probably go take pictures and show you what I am talking about if that will help.

8. buddymanzpop

One picture is plugged in and the other unplugged, as you can see it is right next to the fuse holders you mentioned so it would make me think your missing the plug, if so, for now jump a wire from the middle of the plug receptacle socket and what ever connection works on your truck and then tape it up, plug is fisher part number 26395, not cheap , about $17 for that ten cent part. Good luck, I gotta get back in the truck now.

DSC03086.jpg

DSC03085.jpg

9. allen81

allen81 Member

Yea I don't have that plug I have 3 wires that are not connected to anything and touching them does nothing at all.

10. buddymanzpop

OK, the 3 wires should be a blue, a blue/white and a blue /red, you need to connect the blue to either the blue/red or blue/white, which ever one makes your lights work properly, previous owner cut the plug receptacle off for some reason, so figure out which combination connection works for your lights and weather proof it.

11. allen81

allen81 Member

I think the only wire that does anything is the blue w red stripe on it but it only makes the light brighter when on high beams when I touch it to the bottom right post on the solenoid.

12. allen81

allen81 Member

Yes you are right I have a blue wire blue w white stripe and blue w red stripe they are not connected to anything and touching the blue wire w red stripe to either of the other wires does nothing. Right now the way I have it working I have both lights on the plow working on high beams but then on low beams the driver side plow light goes out. When I unplug the plow wire from truck to plow only passenger side light is then lit on both low and high beams. Also my parking and turn signals stopped working on the plow not sure what the problem is. What kind of truck do you have?

13. buddymanzpop

Allen, you said you switched a couple wires at the head lamp plugs correct? Did you make the change at both the male and female plugs at the headlight end of the harness? The wires come out of the plug at the Iso-mod plug by releasing a catch with a pick tool. Did this wiring come out of a Ford? If so what year?

14. allen81

allen81 Member

The person I bought it from said it came off of a dodge but the person that originally helped me with the jumper in the beginning said it came off of a ford. I have no idea what year it would be off of. I was not able to get the 2 wires out of the iso plug that is plugged into port 3 and 4 do I have to push on the metal connector? The only wires switched were on the blue connector that goes into the light I have the blue going to yellow. it use to be blue to blue and yellow to yellow on both sides.

15. allen81

allen81 Member

The person that helped me said it wouldn't matter if it was off of a ford or chevy etc would have to just switch 2 wires and it would work but he found out it was harder than he thought. Where in MA are you located?

16. allen81

allen81 Member

I only changed the blue and the yellow on the female blue plug.

17. allen81

allen81 Member

Anyone else have any ideas? Buddymanzpop has been trying to help me and that didn't fix the issue I still only have 1 low beam on the plow on the drivers side but both high beams are fine. If i unhook the plow I only have 1 light lit on my truck now passenger side only on high and low beams. To fix that I have to bypass the plow wiring and plug factory plug into the head light.

18. allen81

allen81 Member

Buddymanzpop please see the attached picture.

Black_Plug.jpg

19. allen81

allen81 Member

Buddymanzpop please see the attached picture. The wire in the middle is gray it doesn't look like it is light blue to me. Please let me know if you agree. My A is Orange and B is Gray

Blue_Plug_Edited.jpg

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  20. allen81

allen81 Member

Buddymanpopz:

I was able to get the pins out but when I put them back in I never heard it click. I tried switching those wires and it didn't make the driver side plow light work on low beams, And then when on high beams they were not as bright after I changed the wires on the iso plug. So now I have it back to a= yellow and j=blue now both high beams are both bright like they were b4 but the low beam driver side still goes out and I still have no parking or turn lights. I also tried touching blue w red stripe to just the blue and no change was made and then I tried blue w red stripe to blue w white stripe and no change as well. I don't know what else to do.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012