1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 Dodge Ram 2500 Help (Again)

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by jjfinn, Dec 9, 2009.

1. jjfinn

jjfinn Member

My Dodge is doing like a popping in the front end when turning the wheels. I have replaced trac bar, ball joints, steering damper, gear box, I think that is all.. But I still have a popping, Can anyone help I am so tried of dumping money into this truck.

Thanks Again

Josh

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

That's what happens when you turn while you are in 4x4. Especially if you are turning tight, or on a surface where you are getting decent traction. Does the problem go away when you take it out of 4x4?

3. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

Could be sway bar links, I have done several dodges that had the poping sound, easy fix.

4. jjfinn

jjfinn Member

Hasn't been in four wheel drive. Does it whether its a tight turn or I am swinging it wide, basically every-time I turn the wheel.

Thanks

Josh

5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Oh man sorry I'll kick myself in the balls then!

6. jjfinn

jjfinn Member

Its all good I am just wondering how concerned I should be. I dont wanna break something and be seriously screwed. Should I leave the plow off until I figure out what the problem is? Its just I take it to the repair shop and I am told what until it gets worse and It will be easier to figure out.

7. jjfinn

jjfinn Member

Anyone have any Ideas????

8. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

Did ya look at the sway bar links?

9. DHDB

DHDB Member

Check the Sway=Bar linkage. Does the "popping sound" happen once during a turn, or mulitple times?

10. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I was thinking a u joint by the hub assembly.

11. jjfinn

jjfinn Member

Only pops one time no matter which way I am turning the wheel. I am gonna be checking the sway bar links but I dont have a garage and its so cold here right now.

12. fourspeedfish

fourspeedfish Member

Thats where i would start looking.

13. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 Senior Member
    from wooster

dont remember what its called but its a steering bar that use to do that with mine get under it and have some one turn the wheel you will hear it better and get a better idea where its at when your down there looking at stuff

14. DHDB

DHDB Member

(1) clunk = check sway bar linkage (threaded vertical rod) I had them replaced last year, no clunk.