1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 Dodge Diesel a.b.s. block buzzing untill relay pulled. wtf??

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by trqjnky, Nov 29, 2011.

1. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

Alright, On a 99 3500 4x4, the abs block under the hood is buzzing. I removed the relay and it stopped. so for now he (father in law) is just running with no abs. I googled and came up with nothing. What would cause the abs block to start buzzing? It was doing it while the truck was parked in the driveway.

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

My fuse box on my 99 got all corroded and turned green on some of the connections
    Take a good look. What if u replace the relay does it still buzz?

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Swap the relay out with another one. Is the relay buzzing or the abs unit itself???
  4. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

mine did that about a year ago. Google the issue. when the ABS control box goes bad they usually fail and leave the ABS motor in a constant run mode. I bought a used one off Ebay for $120. was an easy change out and no problems since.