1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 dodge dakota Plow setup

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by smitty21, Dec 18, 2008.

1. smitty21

smitty21 Junior Member

Well i have plowed the last 3 years for a local company, and now im really intrested in getting my own plow for my dakota. First off im not doing any BIG commerical lots just drive ways and two small chruch lots.
    My truck is a 99 dakota with the 5.2 v8 (318ci) its lifted 3 inches, i have an after market trans cooler plus a superchips programmer. So its pretty well set.
    Im looking to either get a Snoway MT or ST set up or the blizzard 680 or 720. What i want to know is which setup will be the best for me and my truck?

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Either one will be fine, if you can find a 7'6" MT that would be my choice or you could look into a 7'6" or 8' LT Blizzard for around the same weight as the above mentioned MT. The lift will cause you problems with the mounting height so you'll more than likely need to modify the mount.

Shameless plug, I've got a 7'2" Western on eBay from a 92 Dakota that with a slight mount change would work on your 99.

3. jeremy85

jeremy85 Member
    from nh

i have a 97 dakota with a 5.2 v8 and a 7 foot meyers poly plow
    it does a hell of a job

BUT, my plow was off of a older body style dakota (95) and had to cut, hack and weld everything.

the front bumper sticks out father in relation to the trucks frame in the new body style so there was a lot of "**** that doesn't fit"

It was a lot of work is all i'm saying going from old body to new body

but if you can fabricate, go for it.

4. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

I'm happy with my Snoway MT setup. Use a MT or 26 Series for your Dakota. You'll be happy you did. The lift might actually be too much, as I used the 2" Lift from the Torsion Bar adjustments, and it worked out perfect for lining up with my plow.

Blizzards are a decent alternative, but without the DP and the lower mounting the Snoway seems to be the best route. Its at least what I concluded.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=68591
    There was a thread on the Dakotas and Plows recently.

5. smitty21

smitty21 Junior Member

Thank you everybody for all the input. I have found a good price on a used MT so thats what im gonna do.