1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 cummins/ MM2

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by greymare89, Feb 6, 2013.

1. greymare89

greymare89 Member

Thinking of purchasing a 99 reg cab cummins that has never been plowed with. Currently I have a MM2 for my 03 chevy 2500 which is a three plug set up. Is it possible to wire the dodge with a 3 plug set up/ iso module so I can change the blade back and forth between the two trucks or do I have to convert the plow to old style 2 plug before mounting on the Dodge? Thanks

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

It'll work fine, those wiring setups are all over craigslist.

3. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

After you set that 99 cummins up to plow you will never use that Chevy to plow with again, that Dodge will be a great plow truck.

4. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Untill the trans blows.

5. buddymanzpop

Had a 99 cummins ton DRW dump body, had to get rid of at 90k mostly due to rust issues, never had a tranny problem but did change transmission fluid and filter every spring, now have an 04 GMC 3500 DRW dump body, 6.0 gas, needed a transmision at 62k.

6. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

I wish I could afford a 99 Dodge Cummins dump.

7. buddymanzpop

I wish I still had the 99 cummins one ton dump body, unfortunately rust won.

8. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

My red ram has 110k on the original trans, and my white cummins ram has 130k on trans, They both get the sh1t kicked out of them daily and have no trans issues.

9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

And this guy is correct.

10. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Unnecessary. Guy is excited about his new truck. Why blast him? :nono:

11. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Have you checked craigslist for our area? I saw a couple really nice mason dumps for sale.

12. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

It doesn't matter anyway. I have no $$$ to buy a truck even if I find a good one on craigslist. I saw one in South Jersey for $10,000 that I'd love to get my hands on but that's just a pipe dream for me! Anyone got some ski masks and fake machine guns to help me rob a bank? Lol.