1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'99 Chevy with a Boss 7.5' Super Duty

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by famouslee99gt, Feb 7, 2009.

1. famouslee99gt

famouslee99gt Member

Here is my '99 Chevy 1500 Silverado Z71 with a 3 month old Boss 7.5 Super Duty steel blade. I used to have a Meyer ST 7.5 and didn't like it. Last fall I bought this setup brand new, built and installed it myself and have been very happy with it. On problem I have had so far is that two of the fittings started leaking some fluid (two fittings that were supposed to be tight from the factory).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

sweet looking rig

3. famouslee99gt

famouslee99gt Member

I like the Boss in that it has a direct cylinder hook up for the raising and lowering. I was not a fan of the Meyer because of the chain setup. You either had it set to drop down far/not raise very high or to where it would only drop so far/raise all the way. I plowed my first year with the Meyer without any Pro-Wings. The second year with the Meyer I installed the Pro-Wings and sold them with that plow after that. I decided I would never plow without wings again so that was the first thing I installed on this plow.

4. famouslee99gt

famouslee99gt Member

Thanks fisher guy. Some people try to tell me that blade is too big for the truck but that truck handles it great. I cranked up my T-bars and added Timbrens and I have had no front end problems. I had to put a new wheel bearing in last summer but the truck has around 120k on it and had only plowed one year before that so I can't blame the wheel bearing on going out because the weight of a plow. I have been real happy with the truck in general for just driving and using on the farm. I would love a 3/4 ton, but the half ton does good enough for what I do.

5. fisher guy

thats all the matters if ur happy with it and its what u need it for and it handles the plow decent then ur fine i know how u feel though fisher said my plow is way to big for my truck i have a crew cab superduty 250 with a 6.0 diesel and they said all i can get was a 7'6" SD blade i put the 8'FT HD and my truck handles it great i just take it off when i get done plowing

6. famouslee99gt

famouslee99gt Member

I take mine off when I can too. That's another thing I like about the Boss, the easy & mount & dismount time. I like being about to flip a switch and it lifts and attaches/detaches itself. Only thing I have had issues with is me not getting lined up or i'm not square and once side will latch and not the other side.

7. fisher guy

thats what i love about a mm2 its all mechanical i pull up drop the blade and pull one lever and one jack stand and its off with out unhooking the connectors 10 seconds max every time as for lining up i just use the center rain groove down my hood and line it up with hydralic ram on the plow and no problems

8. fisher guy

i gotta admit boss plows are pretty sweet though its the only other plow i would buy

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Push into the plow far enough to actually slide the plow forward a few inches. Thats the trick to getting it square. Also, after you push into it...keep pressure on it by applying the E-brake before placing the truck in park. This will prevent the truck from rolling back ever so slightly and fouling up you pin alignment.

Using these tips it'll go on perfectly every single time.