1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 Chevy 2500 6.0l Engine Buck (shutter)

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sgoalie23, Dec 4, 2004.

1. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 Member

I have a 99, 2500, 4x4, auto, 6.0L with 64,000 miles. The problem that I am experiencing is that at approximately 45 mph, transmission in 4th (D), going up a hill, the engine will start to buck. If I manually down shift it to 3rd the problem goes away, or if I hit the gas to force the down shift to 3rd or 2nd, the problem goes away. It is very similar to leaving a manual trans in high gear when coming to a stop.
    Also, sometimes when pulling out of a side street and I need quick acceleration, the same problem may occur!
    Is there an adjustment or is this a computer thing? :confused:
    Your help is appreciated.
  2. redhenny16

redhenny16 Senior Member

Sounds like either the engine has a missfire, or your torque converter is coming in and out of lock up. Either way you need a scan tool to properly diagnose it. The PCM may have set some trouble codes to help in diagnoses. Have a shop you can trust check it out.
  3. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

I tend to agree some here. I think more of a missfire though if tranny is okay. When is the last time you changed plugs and wires on that truck?