1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 Blizzard 810 question about drop speed

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Barrakudaman, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Barrakudaman

Barrakudaman Member

My 810 lowers really slow. it lowers about as fast as it raises. Its not a big deal. I was wondering if this is normal. I know there is an adjustmet for this, but if i make it drop faster is that going to cause any problems? I notice with my back up truck (which has a western unimount) it drops quick. Also where exactly is this adjustment screw for increasing or decreasing drop speed? Thanks, Kenussmileyflag

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Your 99 Blizzard drop adjustment screw was left off at the factory. You can speed it up by removing the orifice from port #3 on the bottom of your manifold, but be prepared, it will be night and day difference. You might wake up your plow customers ;)

You can also add a flow control valve with free flow in one direction and variable in the other, inline on the lift hose.

3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

I did this on my 800HD, it was painfully slow before. After punching out the little ball and spring it's perfect!